What The Author Did Next

London

NYCTOPHOBIA COVER ART UK

Friends think that when I’m in Barcelona I’m at the beach or in tapas bars. Nothing could be further from the truth. I’m working at twice my normal pace, thanks to the siesta that breaks my working day into two distinct halves and seemingly doubles my output.

As I return to London and face the hated month of June (where you’ll find me buried under eye masks, earplugs, anything to keep out the light – and therefore noise – of a city that wakes at 4am) I’m working out my schedule for the coming year. Here’s what I have so far, and you’ll notice that one of these projects is to get back volumes up on Kindle as soon as possible.

October 2014 – ‘Nyctophobia’ – Solaris

May 2015 – Bryant & May 12: ‘The Burning Man’ – Transworld

All earlier books to be put online as e-novels and e-collections – Summer 2014

TBA – ‘Invisible Ink: How 200 Successful Authors Disappeared’ (New edition – completed)

October 2015 – ‘Dream World’ – Solaris (Delivered)

TBA – There’s Something I Haven’t Told You (working title – final draft)

TBA – Crazy Lady (first draft finished)

TBA – The Foot On The Throne (outline written)

TBA – Untitled supernatural suspense novel

In the spirit of these tell-all times, I’m going to try and provide a bit more access to the process of writing along the way, if anyone’s interested.

9 comments on “What The Author Did Next”

1. Peter Lee says:

Looking at the forthcoming titles and putting the words “Bryant & May and the” in front of them. Still hoping they’ll continue.

2. Keith says:

Although I love all the Bryant and May novels I would love a City Jitters 3 or should that be 4? And perhaps a ‘Son of Spanky’. So for me the Nyctophobia looks special as does hearing about a forthcoming supernatural suspense novel.

3. David C says:

Any word on Tim Goodman completing the Bryant and May audiobook series?

4. Dan Terrell says:

Probably it should be City Jitters #3 because the original # 3 was published by a new publisher and contained both new material and retitled stories from Jitters #1 & 2. It’s a great read, if you can find a copy. I recently got a “like new copy” in hardback and have enjoyed every word of it.

I’d love to do more ‘City Jitters’ books but finding a good publisher who’ll do collections is hard these days – I have about 20 new stories finished!

I believe Tim Goodman has once again been signed to do the series.

6. Jo W says:

Oh so busy! We have lots to look forward to! 😉

I don’t know why we are fascinated by process but we are and always like to learn how people do the marvelous things we haven’t a hope of emulating so bring it on, Chris.
    We spent 4 days in Reykjavik and I’m beginning to understand your problem with June light. No matter what time of day or night it was the light level seemed to be the same and I could feel a change in my attitude toward doing things. We had very dark curtains in the hotel room, though, so I could lie effectively to myself. The birds sang no matter the time of day, too.

8. Martin Gore says:

Would love to read more about the writing process. Although I’m not an aspiring writer at all, I love learning about the creative processes behind the stories I love.

9. agatha hamilton says:

Of course we’re interested.