Title

How Religion Works

Christopher Fowler
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Posted in
Observatory

Comments

Terry Bennett (not verified) Fri, 31/05/2013 - 11:18

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Totally brilliant.

stephen groves (not verified) Fri, 31/05/2013 - 22:18

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

why would I care what Barry Gibb thinks?

ALL BEST
STALKY

Helen Martin (not verified) Sat, 01/06/2013 - 03:00

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

I love the step by step outward illustrations. Why did you have to use such an irrelevant and silly one for the last? Or is that the point? (Deep sigh) and (snigger)

Helen Martin (not verified) Sat, 01/06/2013 - 22:25

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Please. where did those illustrations come from? (And we know that every one of those dots in the last but one diagram are in exactly the correct relative position.) I would really like a poster of them even if I have to print them individually and mount.

Helen Martin (not verified) Sat, 01/06/2013 - 22:26

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Pardon - "every one ...is"

snowy (not verified) Sat, 01/06/2013 - 22:52

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

A small version can be had from Wikipedia.
Page name: 'Earths location in the universe'

Scroll down, right click on image 'Save image as' etc.

If you want a big version a bit more work but do-able.

Wikipedia front page, scroll down to Commons [blue circular arrow symbol with a red dot in the centre].

Wikipedia Commons page will open, search for 'earths location', should be the top links, about 16-19 MB.

Click on the one you want, it will either give you a chance to download it in various formats/sizes or do the right click thing.

[A minor quibble, just me? but the limits of observation would be a sphere of radius 'n' and not a cylinder, but I'm a terrible fuss-pot.]

[I would have put a link but Mr F has gone walkabout, (and why not!) so it would take ages to come out of moderation.]

Steve (not verified) Sun, 02/06/2013 - 22:01

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Glad I wasn't drinking a cappuccino, it would have come out my nose!

Helen Martin (not verified) Mon, 03/06/2013 - 17:20

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

As usual, thank you Snowy. It is so much easier to ask than to google for myself.