English Humour (Old School)

London

This sketch received instant classic status over Christmas. For non-English viewers, the Two Ronnies were a Christmas staple, two sprightly older men performing silly patter songs and skits largely based around wordplay.

Then one of the Ronnies died, and that was that until this year, when the surviving Ronnie reappeared in a new show with his partner played by a variety of comics, in this case Harry Enfield. Very sweet.

“>

7 comments on “English Humour (Old School)”

1. J. Folgard says:

Nice! I didn’t know about any of the two Ronnies, thanks for the heads-up.

2. Karin says:

Thanks for the chuckle! The two Ronnies were one of the many English shows imported to Canadian TV. (specifically TV Ontario-gov. sponsored. That is also how we all became such huge Monty Python fans) That show was on a long time ago but Ronnie looks like he hasn’t changed!

3. Elizabeth says:

I have always loved the Two Ronnies and was enchanted when the show came to America. My favorite sketch was the two Ronnies discussing their cat “Tibbles”

Have sent this to some friends. I think this is the funniest piece Ronnie Corbet has ever done.

5. Elaine Stanlick says:

I LOVE this! Never saw it (them) before–and now it’s too late. I must be a mushroom. Thanks for this. elaine

6. Jane of the Waking Universe says:

I loved this clip so much!! Thank you, thank you for posting it. I had no idea Ronnie C. had a new show. I am a big fan of “The Two Ronnies” from way back and also loved Ronnie Corbett’s sometimes painful to watch series “Sorry!”

7. Jane of the Waking Universe says:

Just happened to catch a bit of “Casino Royale” (the original 1967 version) on Turner Classic Movies. (Peter Sellers is their “Star of the Month” so Thursday nights are something to look forward to.) I had completely forgotten that Ronnie Corbett is in that film. His character’s name is Polo. Such an amazing cast!

Posted In