How Weddings Change

London

I was just doing some research on weddings for a Bryant & May short story, and saw a piece about the couple that got married in zero gravity. It made me think about how much ceremonies have changed in a very short time – they’re a lot more enjoyable now. Having recently had my anniversary I stumbled across two pics that illustrate the difference. If anyone’s planning one next year, I’ll send you the link to Henrietta Cottam, a truly brilliant caterer…

Victorian Wedding

Victorian Wedding

My Wedding

My Wedding

7 comments on “How Weddings Change”

1. noonski says:

looks like your wedding was the more fun of the two. i’m curious…who did you marry? I’m guessing you’re in the blue… so, is the “bride” in a kilt (that’s my guess), in white or your right, or with glasses behind you, to the right? From the photo, it could be any of them, since you’re all touching… of course, it is the 21st century, and maybe you married all 3? đŸ™‚

2. I.A.M. says:

That’s Martin in the kilt, isn’t it? Is Peter the one in the middle back with an opened-collar blue shirt and jacket above and to slightly the right of you?

And the increase of ‘fun’ at weddings is more in keeping with the celebratory nature of the event. At least, it’s supposed to be something to celebrate, isn’t it?

Spot The Other Groom Competition:
    3rd from left, back row.

4. Mike Cane says:

Well, happy anny there. Good god, you married *all* those people? Bryant & May’s next adventure: The Groom Who Married Everybody.

5. noonski says:

Back row, huh?

I wasn’t even close, since I thought the groom was in the front row. Tells you what us Americans know… đŸ™‚

6. I.A.M. says:

AHA! Yes, that’s much a better image of the man. Although him being waaaaaay back there is a bit of a shame. Looks like a bit of a rugby scrum there… not that it’s a bad thing, that…

7. Stephen Groves says:

Great picture ,looks like it was fun.