Title

How Weddings Change

Christopher Fowler
I was just doing some research on weddings for a Bryant & May short story, and saw a piece about the couple that got married in zero gravity. It made me think about how much ceremonies have changed in a very short time - they're a lot more enjoyable now. Having recently had my anniversary I stumbled across two pics that illustrate the difference. If anyone's planning one next year, I'll send you the link to Henrietta Cottam, a truly brilliant caterer...
Victorian Wedding
Victorian Wedding
My Wedding
My Wedding
Posted in
London

Comments

noonski (not verified) Wed, 08/07/2009 - 19:24

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

looks like your wedding was the more fun of the two. i'm curious...who did you marry? I'm guessing you're in the blue... so, is the "bride" in a kilt (that's my guess), in white or your right, or with glasses behind you, to the right? From the photo, it could be any of them, since you're all touching... of course, it is the 21st century, and maybe you married all 3? :-)

I.A.M. (not verified) Wed, 08/07/2009 - 21:04

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

That's Martin in the kilt, isn't it? Is Peter the one in the middle back with an opened-collar blue shirt and jacket above and to slightly the right of you?

And the increase of 'fun' at weddings is more in keeping with the celebratory nature of the event. At least, it's <i>supposed</i> to be something to celebrate, isn't it?

Christopher Fowler Wed, 08/07/2009 - 21:45

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Spot The Other Groom Competition:
3rd from left, back row.

Mike Cane (not verified) Thu, 09/07/2009 - 00:52

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Well, happy anny there. Good god, you married *all* those people? Bryant &amp; May's next adventure: The Groom Who Married Everybody.

noonski (not verified) Thu, 09/07/2009 - 15:10

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Back row, huh?

I wasn't even close, since I thought the groom was in the front row. Tells you what us Americans know... :-)

I.A.M. (not verified) Thu, 09/07/2009 - 23:53

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

AHA! Yes, that's much a better image of the man. Although him being waaaaaay back there is a bit of a shame. Looks like a bit of a rugby scrum there… not that it's a bad thing, that…

Stephen Groves (not verified) Fri, 10/07/2009 - 08:09

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Great picture ,looks like it was fun.