A Christmas Quiz For Those Of A Certain Age
I’m fed up with popular quizzes about Taylor Swift, Little Mix and Tik Tok. I for one gave up chasing the Yoof vote long ago. I love the young because the remnants of our world are in their hands and I have a feeling they won’t screw up this time, but they get enough coverage, so let’s go a bit further back for our questions this year.
1. Alistair Sim is back as Scrooge again this Christmas. Why was George Cole in most of his films?
2. Winifred Atwell, Russ Conway and Mrs Mills were all what?
3. Ena Sharples. Minnie Caldwell. Who makes up this trio of Harpic harpies?
4. Picture Book. The Flowerpot Men. The Woodentops. Andy Pandy. Who’s missing?
5. What did you win on Crackerjack? What did you get if you lost?
6. Ernie Wise. Jerry Desmonde. Dean Martin. John May. The link?
7. What did gentlemen in lab-coats do in the window of a building on Great Portland Street until about fifteen years ago?
8. What’s the link between Private Godfrey in ‘Dad’s Army’ and the world’s least amusing comedian Arthur Askey?
9. Who were still performing sand dances in Leicester Square right up until it was pedestrianised?
10. ‘Stone me – what a life.’ What day of the week is it?
11. Jubbly. Mivvi. Zoom. F.A.B. Which is the odd one out?
12. Escalado. Spirograph. I-Spy. Spud Gun. What are the four items you need to enjoy these games?