Go Back! Go Back!

Media

I try to post here on most days, but that’s only really possible when I’m in Barcelona because my working hours are consistently much longer. Light, it’s all about the light…shortly I return to London and try not to feel depressed about the months ahead.

Sometimes I simply run out of ideas, because they’re all being pumped into whichever book I’m currently working on. So while I was looking for something fresh today, I realised I’d never looked back at old posts. When I did I was in for a shock. The site has been going for eleven years! Sometimes I was posting two of three times a DAY.

And the subjects covered look like the ramblings of an ADD-afflicted lunatic, ranging from the electronic control of sheep to John Bercow’s expenses.

So today may I suggest a little dive into the world of say, the Player’s Theatre or the London Dolphinarium? There are subjects in those eleven year that even I don’t remember anything about, although I have popped back to re-view Jane Horrocks’ terrifyingly accurate depiction of children’s television’s ‘Picture Book’, with its cracker of an end-line.

You have a wander around in what I regard as the online equivalent of the PCU’s attic, while I get on finishing Arthur Bryant’s assault on a millionaire businessman’s offices in ‘Oranges & Lemons’, next year’s B&M novel.

I’ll be back…let me know if you find anything particularly weird.

7 comments on “Go Back! Go Back!”

Weird, is it? I remember a discussion about fog (do you discuss about? or is it ‘talk about’ but ‘discuss on’? English is such a fascinating language) back in one November when everything got very dark and eerie – that favourite word of simple crosswords.

2. Brooke says:

“…let me know if you find anything particularly weird.” For the long-awaited collection, “Fowler and the Barking Madd?”
    However, reading past blogs, I think we’re non-weird, especially if compared to news stories of our politican leaders.

3. John Howard says:

Sounds a plan…

4. SimonB says:

I’ve mentioned before that I’ve been working my way through the archives and can highly recommend any new people do the same.

5. Wayne Mook says:

I’m not always able to get on the ‘net let alone on here so I’ll use this to answer at least one question I wasn’t able before the thread closed.

I hadn’t thought of recreating naval battles in the bath, Helen, I tend soak and day dream, but if I do the first will be the scuttling of the German fleet at Scapa Flow not a battle I know but then I could have endless fun trying to refloat them like Ernest Cox.

Wayne

It was naval vs navel, Wayne. Don’t check, I was being cheeky and probably rude. I do like the thought of the Scapa Flow ships being refloated, though.

7. Wayne Mook says:

I was probably the same, I do tend to navel gaze in the bath, but I now have visions of the grand rubber duck bein attacked by the wind swimming frog.

Wayne.