Title

Go Back! Go Back!

Christopher Fowler
I try to post here on most days, but that's only really possible when I'm in Barcelona because my working hours are consistently much longer. Light, it's all about the light...shortly I return to London and try not to feel depressed about the months ahead. Sometimes I simply run out of ideas, because they're all being pumped into whichever book I'm currently working on. So while I was looking for something fresh today, I realised I'd never looked back at old posts. When I did I was in for a shock. The site has been going for eleven years! Sometimes I was posting two of three times a DAY. And the subjects covered look like the ramblings of an ADD-afflicted lunatic, ranging from the electronic control of sheep to John Bercow's expenses. So today may I suggest a little dive into the world of say, the Player's Theatre or the London Dolphinarium? There are subjects in those eleven year that even I don't remember anything about, although I have popped back to re-view Jane Horrocks' terrifyingly accurate depiction of children's television's 'Picture Book', with its cracker of an end-line. You have a wander around in what I regard as the online equivalent of the PCU's attic, while I get on finishing Arthur Bryant's assault on a millionaire businessman's offices in 'Oranges & Lemons', next year's B&M novel. I'll be back...let me know if you find anything particularly weird.

Comments

Helen Martin (not verified) Thu, 12/09/2019 - 15:14

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Weird, is it? I remember a discussion about fog (do you discuss about? or is it 'talk about' but 'discuss on'? English is such a fascinating language) back in one November when everything got very dark and eerie - that favourite word of simple crosswords.

Brooke (not verified) Fri, 13/09/2019 - 13:08

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

"...let me know if you find anything particularly weird." For the long-awaited collection, "Fowler and the Barking Madd?"
However, reading past blogs, I think we're non-weird, especially if compared to news stories of our politican leaders.

SimonB (not verified) Sat, 14/09/2019 - 21:24

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

I've mentioned before that I've been working my way through the archives and can highly recommend any new people do the same.

Wayne Mook (not verified) Mon, 16/09/2019 - 18:21

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

I'm not always able to get on the 'net let alone on here so I'll use this to answer at least one question I wasn't able before the thread closed.

I hadn't thought of recreating naval battles in the bath, Helen, I tend soak and day dream, but if I do the first will be the scuttling of the German fleet at Scapa Flow not a battle I know but then I could have endless fun trying to refloat them like Ernest Cox.

Wayne

Helen Martin (not verified) Tue, 17/09/2019 - 20:43

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

It was naval vs navel, Wayne. Don't check, I was being cheeky and probably rude. I do like the thought of the Scapa Flow ships being refloated, though.

Wayne Mook (not verified) Fri, 20/09/2019 - 17:40

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

I was probably the same, I do tend to navel gaze in the bath, but I now have visions of the grand rubber duck bein attacked by the wind swimming frog.

Wayne.