Upcoming Events

The Arts

The government may be in meltdown but I’m organised for the next few months…first up, First Monday Crime on February 4th at City University (and the Blacksmith & Toffee Maker after) here. I’ll be launching ‘The Lonely Hour’ on March 21st at Waterstones Covent Garden (and probably at the Lamb & Flag, which features in the novel) and I’ll be at the glorious Aye Write! festival in Glasgow on April (and in the pub again no doubt).

I have already delivered a second Bryant & May book to be published in October of this year called ‘England’s Finest’. Following in the footsteps of Sherlock Holmes it’ll be another collection of missing cases which have been mentioned in the Bryant & May novels. This will feature another Bryant & May Christmas story, entitled ‘Bryant & May and the Seventh Reindeer’, and will finally sort out the mystery of the body that was found in the basement of the Peculiar Crimes Unit.

I’ve delivered the massive ‘Complete Short Stories (1986 – 2019)’ to my agent, but now I need to find an evocative title for it. In March I’m also due to deliver my new standalone novel, working title ‘The Maid’ – I’m very pleased with this unorthodox (again!) thriller, so we’ll see how that goes. I’m prepping another Bryant & May novel for the following year, and behind these is a larger project, a novel about the early days of London. There are various audio/visual projects in the pipeline too.

Sitting up here in my little glass box looking down on the frozen dome of St Paul’s this morning, I feel alone in the city. So let’s have a bit of playout music which will prove evocative…

12 comments on “Upcoming Events”

1. Patrick Kilgallon says:

Robinson Crusoe

2. Jo W says:

Oh yes, the theme to Robinson Crusoe. I remember watching that some years ago now and once again I shall have the tune stuck in my head ………
    Sorry you’re on your own,Chris,with no sign of Man Friday. Still, it’s only Monday. 😉

3. Jo W says:

Seats reserved for FirstMondayCrime. Looking forward to the discussion and to visiting a new (to us) imbibing establishment.
    We already know the Lamb and Flag quite well. 😉

4. Trace Turner says:

Lots to look forward to – sadly I’ll miss First Monday Crime…City never had anything like that when I was a student there…

5. Jan says:

Here Chris have e mailed u might have some decent bits + pieces ‘re your early days of London
    Novel….

6. 1960's Country Bumpkin PaperGirl says:

Oh my goodness, Robinson Crusoe in black and white TV, I loved the music as much anything else! I actually purchased Belle & Sebastian because I loved it so much & found White Horses on youtube. I stumbled on your Bryant and May books when one was on offer on Audible & became totally hooked, even though London is almost unknown to me, except for ST Barts Hospital Ocular Oncology. Getting eye cancer is why I listen to books mostly, I can still see but it’s often rather challenging. Your books & Laurie R King’s Mary Russell series are worth getting eye cancer for. I’m delighted there is a new Bryant & May book available to pre-order & more to come, I just have Hall of Mirrors to listen to & would then have gone into with drawl! I still have some of my old childhood books which I can no longer read but I need the scent of old, much-loved books. I look forward to listening to your other books, especially The Complete Shorts.

7. Denise says:

I am excited with the prospect of your new works ; I can’t wait to read them. I wish I could come to the events,. Is there any chance that you promote your books in Northern California ?

8. Wayne Mook says:

I’m now thinking of Andrew Gold’s lonely boy.

Thanks for the Crusoe, I saw the repeats and memories come flooding back of summer holidays.

Wayne.

You missed me in NoCal by a few years Denise – I haven’t been back since it got Siliconised!

10. Denise says:

Can I say bad words. I have only been on your blog for approximately 13 months. Help ! I need a time machine .

11. glasgow1975 says:

I saw you pop up on AyeWrite! and wondered if I’d missed the post about it 😉 I shall endeavor to get my ticket even though it’s annoyingly early and will interfere with my weekend lie in! Will you be signing afterwards? I promise not to bring EVERY book 😛

12. Stephen says:

Hi Chris,once again your books are the ones I anticipate the most this year.Hopefully, you have the sequel to The Bells of Westminster in the new collection, as it was one of my favourites in London’s Glory.