The Friday Song!

London

I’m heading off with my downstairs neighbours to Marseilles for the weekend – the English add an ‘s’ at the end for some reason – and I’m not taking this laptop with me because I just delivered the final version of the new Bryant & May novel, ‘The Lonely Hour’, to my agents last night and can now take a long weekend off before I start a new book on Tuesday.

Actually, I’ll be working on two books; a new thriller which I’m very excited about, possibly for my LK Fox pseudonym (I dumped the second volume I’d been planning and came up with an entirely different idea) and ‘England’s Finest’, another collection of untold cases for our decrepit detectives, among which will be the solution to the puzzle of the body found in the basement of the PCU, in ‘Bryant & May and the Consul’s Son’.

Meanwhile, as it’s Friday let’s have a song, and it’s karaoke so you can try to keep up, which won’t be possible. It’s in ‘The Pirates of Penzance’ film but is actually from ‘Ruddigore’, one of the least performed Gilbert & Sullivan operas, written at a time when they were at their peak. The picture quality is lousy because YouTube has upgraded their formatting and all older clips need to be uploaded again, which will probably never happen. So we’ll sing this song because It Really Doesn’t Matter…

6 comments on “The Friday Song!”

1. Rob C says:

Eurostar? A very civilised way to get there, but not so much fun on the way back!

Angela Lansbury as Ruth, oh my! Why does she rub me the wrong way? Always.
    Love G&S, though. Have a good weekend, goodness knows you’ve earned it.

3. Wayne Mook says:

Thanks for this and enjoy your long weekend. I’ve just broken up from school, err work, due out to Portugal Tuesday to relax with the kindle or maybe a few paperbacks, Michael McDowell’s next instalment of his Southern Gothic Blackwater series. There is always something jolly about G&S.

Wayne.

4. Roger says:

Ruddigore – in an accelerated version – was made into a cartoon by Hallas-Batchelor, recently shown at NFT.

5. Jo W says:

Enjoy your weekend break,Chris and come back refreshed. I like the sound of a further book of short stories about Arthur and John. I did wonder where that body came from……..

Hope Marseilles is not flooding and do have a try of the blue wine. It’s supposed to be good but I’ll bet it’s the novelty.