Happy New Year!

This year I resolve to read more novels of every kind, and to ignore all news articles featuring Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and anyone else who has sought to undermine my country.

This year I resolve to be kind to people of all creeds, colours and ages, and try to see the world from their viewpoint.

This year I resolve to be happy, productive and more hardworking than ever because dammit, I love my job.

This year I resolve to embrace the innovative without losing sight of the historical.

This year I resolve to travel to the farthest places my wallet will allow and dutifully report back.

This year I resolve to publish no less than three new books (already taken care of).

I hope that all your resolutions hold true.

Happy 2017!

23 comments on “Happy New Year!”

1. Jo W says:

Happy New Year to you and yours,Chris. May you continue to enjoy what you do.
    And a Happy 2017 to all your many blog readers,wherever they are in the world! 😉

2. Terenzio says:

Yes, here’s wishing a Happy and wonderful 2017 to all! – from the one in the gorgeous purple dressing gown and cutesy wolfie slippers.

3. Vivienne says:

Certainly the first two – I’m working on the rest of my list, but think it might include more dancing.

Off to see the real fireworks later. Will wish you all a Happy New Year as they fill the sky.

4. Brian Evans says:

Happy New Year Chris, and to all those around you. And to everyone on here.

5. Roger says:

This year I resolve to be kind to people of all creeds, colours and ages, and try to see the world from their viewpoint except Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Teresa May….. .
    Sod it! I’ll just read more novels of every kind. Unless they feature characters based on Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Teresa May….. . Those I will disregard as preposterous fantasies.

Hmmm, they canned Boris’s book on Shakespeare didn’t they? Wonder why…

7. Stephen says:

Happy new year Chris.

8. Brooke says:

Congratulations– Strange Tide is now available in bookstores in NYC, DC and Philadelphia. I’ve actually seen stacks in each city. Hope sales bring you lots of funds in 2017.

9. Graham Hounslow says:

Happy new year and thank you for your wonderful books.

10. David Dumas Nohelty says:

Cheers. Happy New Year

11. mel says:

Happy New Year

Got the web cam for Reykjavik but it looks as if the Icelanders are not positive about 2017 since they didn’t seem to be doing their usual fireworks thing. We will hope for the best. A lot of people staying home tonight here because the roads are greasy with wet snow and who wants to start the new year in hospital? (Aside from my husband, of course, but the surgeons will be all over their celebrations by Tuesday.) Happy New Year regardless, everyone.

13. Richard Markworth says:

Happy New Year Mr Fowler and fellow readers. Three new books? 2017 is already going in the right direction!

14. Vincent C says:

Happy New Year to everyone

15. Bev Preston says:

Just finished reading Strange Tide. I think it’s your best yet, and really enjoyed it. I learn so much from you about almost everything under the sun, mainly when Bryant opens his mouth and waxes poetic about mythology, history and so on. I’ll certainly never look at the painting of The Raft of the Medusa the same way after this book! Have to say, I almost put the book down when I found it was about Ali coming to Europe, even though I really sympathize with the refuges and am proud that our Trudea has invited thousands of Syrian refugees into Canada this year: I read to escape current news, not to encounter it. However, I trusted you to make magic out of current events, as you do with ancient ones, and was not disappointed.

16. John Howard says:

Happy New Year to all the regulars and, of course, to the irregulars as well.

Thanks Bev, that means a lot to me. These days it’s impossible to entirely leave the real world behind, and everything I write has something of our current lives in it, but I still prefer to leave the ground a little…

18. Kathy M. says:

Happy New Year from some Aussie Fans!

We absolutely love Bryant and May, and are still hoping for a TV series. Phil Davis would make a wonderful Arthur!

19. Patricia Barnett says:

I enjoy your books SO much. I sit here in Southern California, and they transport me to London! Thank you for writing!

Patricia Barnett

20. Elizabeth Gleeson says:

Happy New Year Chris. I read “Paperboy” over Christmas and it left me feeling wistful. I’ve finished all the Bryant and May books and await the next one with some impatience. Could you add AUSTRALIA to your “furthest places my wallet will allow …” list to placate your Aussie readers?

21. Wayne Mook says:

A little late I know but New year was my birthday too so I was a little tiddly.

Have a good New Year, there are always good things that we can dwell on.

Sometimes I don’t appreciate how far my books travel. It’s great to hear from readers in far-off places. Australia is on my list to visit and SoCal brings back fond memories of my youth.

Well, if we ever get rid of this snow and ice British Columbia can be as exotic or as familiar as you’d like it to be. Whale watching – kermode bear sightings in Haida Gwai – ranches on the mainland – temperate jungles – parks and lots of people. We could show you a really good time – I even have a family member who could take you to some great brew pubs with great beer and ale. Music venues – food of the world.

Posted In