20 Reasons To Be Fearful
Ah, the sun is shining, the birds have stopped coughing long enough to whistle a little tune and you feel momentarily good, don’t you? Allow me to wipe that cheery smile off your face. A quick round-up of the UK’s top stories this morning revealed these gems.
- ‘Arctic ice melt brings uncontrollable climate change at global level.’
- ‘UK Sikhs are invisible to government despite massive rise in hate crime.’
- ‘Young people in Britain use most cocaine in Europe.’
- ‘Pensioners ‘have had it too good for too long’ says the Times.
- ‘Police find mass Mexican grave full of severed heads.’
- ‘Britons admit they were wrong about Brexit – but now it’s too late’ (US)
- ‘Planet’s soil can only sustain 60 more harvests.’
- ‘Trump turns to ultra-wealthy to steer economic policy.’
- ‘Daily Mail is only national newspaper to hide Jo Cox murder verdict.’
- ‘House affordability in London reaches new low.’
- ‘Extinction crisis is not slowing but accelerating.’
- ‘Boris Johnson branded ‘appallingly arrogant’ by EU leaders.’
- ‘Sarah Palin set for comeback.’
- ‘Trump’s team composed of extremists and lobbyists hired by fossil fuel, tobacco and chemical companies to avoid regulation and taxation.’
- ‘Your clothes will soon be able too speak to your washing machine.’
- ‘People are having last-minute surgery to look good in Christmas selfies.’
- ‘Marine Le Pen has a ‘fair’ chance of winning French presidency in May.’
- ‘Nigel Farage condemns out-of-touch elite at Ritz banquet.’
- ‘Brexit costing over £350 million a week which could have been spent of ailing NHS.’
- ‘Family on gold thrones say they represent all Americans.’
I recommend that you put on the new Pink Martini CD, see ‘La La Land’ and go shopping for shoes. Who knows when we’ll be happy again?