On Terrorism

Observatory

bandera belgica

I live in one of the West’s epicentres for terrorist attacks, at the confluence of three major railway stations, and along with my family and friends, we have had to live with bombing campaigns all of our adult lives.

On the 7th of September 2005 four Islamist extremists separately detonated three bombs in quick succession aboard underground trains and a fourth exploded on a double-decker bus in Bloomsbury. Fifty-two people were killed and over 700 more were injured in the attacks. I narrowly missed three of the four bombs by a handful of minutes, as my walk to work took me from King’s Cross, where the largest bomb exploded, past the spot where the bus blew up.

My father had been a firewatcher at St Paul’s, and saw bomb fall on London. I had grown up with IRA bomb attacks in central London, and had grown immune to them. In 1999 I narrowly missed a civilian nail-bomb which exploded in our local pub, planted by a homophobic neo-Nazi. The pub, largely gay, was used by everyone in our office, and on that night we decided to go elsewhere at the last moment, missing the explosion by less than five minutes.

An extraordinary thing happens when people are attacked. The social mesh instantly tightens into camaraderie. I think it’s always there, and surfaces during times of duress. We saw people of every faith helping each other during 7/7. London is now the most cosmopolitan city on earth, and its petty tensions evaporate when faced with tragedy. The supporters of Donald Trump must never have seen the results of terrorism up close, otherwise they’d know better.

Terrorists are lonely, embittered, marginalised, and can’t access the kind of strength people find in adversity, so they strike back. Many exist as the by-product of the West’s own attempts to manipulate governments. At the end of the 19th century it was suggested that if we wanted happier lives we should leave countries like Afghanistan alone – but the West meddles for financial gain.

That doesn’t make us the villains. Any religion that’s extreme enough to harm innocents ceases to be a religion at all, and anyone who kills in the name of their religion surrenders his or her faith by doing so. Terrorists are mostly young and powerless, and they’re caught in a paradox. They claim to be acting in a faith which goes to great lengths to publicly disown them, and so they are exposed not as paramilitary ‘terrorist cells’ but as deluded fanatics.

It seems appropriate that one of the most peaceful countries in the world, Norway, is one of the first to have a larger percentage of non-religious residents than religious ones. I’ve grown tired of seeing innocents murdered in the name of religions. IS members clearly haven’t studied history, or they’d know that faith doesn’t take hold by murdering anyone who doesn’t share the same ideology.

Belgium and Paris have proved particularly vulnerable, and now the Far Right will use the latest atrocities to try and stir up further hatred. But change takes generations. That doesn’t mean we should do nothing. Any act that affects the innocent must be utterly condemned. Meanwhile we continue to live with the consequences of our past. Exclusion creates enemies. Unity can only occur when divisions end, and right now, we’re further from that that ever.

Open discussion helps to heal, which is why paramilitary states enforce censorship. Bombing a country back into the stone age can only make matters much worse. The only sane answer that I can see is to agree to condemn terrorism outright, then discuss ways forward built on that common ground.

19 comments on “On Terrorism”

1. Jo W says:

Well said.

2. Terenzio says:

The people who blow themselves are totally irrationally. Most of them seem to be in their teens or 20s, a time when our hormones are still running pretty wild. Are these folks lonely, embittered and disenfranchised or are they simply young and stupid looking for a cause to believe in? Most of us make stupid mistakes when we are young. These mistakes we learn from and are able to live with. In my 20s I made some bloomers, but I’m still going….like the cute pink energizer bunny. Alas blowing yourself is pretty final. You can’t learn from this mistake. If these young chaps and women (there have been a few female suicide bombers, although I don’t know what they expect to get in paradise…76 studs? but like I said they are irrational so it doesn’t matter what they expect their reward will be) lived into their 30s and 40s they were probably grow out of this phase and realize how stupid and flawed their thinking was. Sadly there are older men (at least for the most part I think….I can’t imagine they would let a woman be in charge) who brainwash these impressionable young people into doing their bidding. These men are out for power and control. They don’t care about creating a stable, safe and free society. They have no problem with chaos and destruction. Osama bin Laden came from a wealthy family worth tens of millions of dollars so money isn’t always an issue…a corrupt and destructive ideology is. Now that being said I do think society needs to combat poverty and alienation to try to bring these “others” into mainstream society. The French have a particular problem with this, although Marseille despite all its problems seems to have been able to integrate immigrants from North Africa into mainstream French society, unlike…say Paris. However, this is a complex issue…it can’t be explained or even remotely touched upon in a few sentences or paragraphs, but one thing we need to do is keep military style weapons (maximum deaths in the shortest amount of time) and explosives out of the hands of unstable people or for that matter out of the hands of stable people as well so these situations can be prevented. You can’t always stop people from doing stupid things, but you can do your best to stop them from hurting themselves and others in the process.

As far as your claim that this has nothing to do with religiom – well – all I can say is you’re are wrong and are being pretty naive if you think this.This has everything to do with organized religion which is all about power and control. We are lucky that these days the Popey isn’t issuing fatwas or whatever those death warrants are called, but that wasn’t the case in the past. Innocent II started the murderous crusade and persecution of the Cathars in southern France in the 12th cenutry. 20,000 people massacred in the Bézier Cathedral…the general in charge telling his men “to kill them all God will know his own.” And need I mention the Inquisition that wrecked havoc on what were supposedly non-believers for centuries…..burn them alive (an excruciating and painful death) to save their souls??? There was also the counter reformation and the 30 Years War in the 17th cenutry Europe. What is happening with Islam in general and in particular between the Shiites and the Sunnis occurred within Christianity just a few hundred years ago. Fortunately Protestants and Catholics were/are mostly (I says this because of the conflict in Ireland) able to come to terms with one another and to live in relative peace. One of my point is that it’s ludicrous to say these people sacrifice their faith because their faith is based on an organized religion that teaches you not to question and do what you are told. And that there is only one true faith….all others are false. Killing innocent people seems to the norm for religions of all persuasions. Invading and conquering non-believers is also quite common. Before Istanbul was called Istanbul it was called Constantinople. What’s so sad with Turkey is Ataturk was able to create a modern progressive secular state within the Muslim world. Sadly since 2002 Ergodan has reversed and all but destroyed these advancements in the pursuit of his personal quest for power. He even wants to turn Hagia Sophia (originally built as a Christian church) back into a Mosque…like there aren’t enough already. Even in ancient pagan religions, such as the Aztecs you had the human sacrifice of what were probably considered innocents.

Most of the places we are bombing the people still seem to be living in the Stone Age, which is why this strategy doesn’t seem to be working. However, you can’t let groups like ISIS or the Taliban win. This is not an option. In 1683 the Muslim Ottoman Turks made it to the Vienna, but were repelled. Had they been successful they would have continued their march across Europe. If this would’ve have happened would the Enlightenment ever have happened? Or would today would we have a secular form of government in France, Spain or Germant today? It’s possible the answer is no to both questions. The Saudis and probably even Ergodan in Turkey (hopefully he’s changed his mind after the terrorist attacks within Turkey itself) would’ve had no problem living side by side with a ISIS caliphate. Of course this is an extremely short sighted view because in all likelyhood ISIS when strong enough would invade these countries as well.

It’s sad that extremism…in particular within religion and I’m talking about all religions (Christianity…the spat of abortion clinics bombing in the US come to mind, Muslim and Judaism…the reason why there will never be peace in Israel along with extremism within the Palestians who along with Jewish factions don’t want peace). There is a good film/documentary….if depressing….called The Gatekeepers and explains why there will never be peace in Israel.

Of course, if organized religion didn’t exist I’m sure human beings would find another way or excuse to hate and murder one another. But at least without the Cathloic Church maybe less people in Africa would become infected with HIV or have fewer children….children who they can’t afford to feed or care for. Talking about living in the Stone Age. I think the Catholic Church’s stance on contraceptives (condoms) and birth control qualify for this category. I will also mention birth control within Muslim countries as well….Egypt has 90 million people….and the country is pretty much a desert. Look at how overcrowded and polluted Cairo is…..insanity.

À bientôt….the one in the gorgeous purple silk dressing gown and cutesy wolfie slippers. I shall retire sans the gown and slippers to my favorite cafe for a café and a scrumptious three berry square and ponder more pleasant subjects such as the coming of Spring and the orchard show.

My thoughts do go out to those who died and were injured in these horrendous attacks. A speedy recovery to those who were hurt. And I hope people will continue to live their lives to the fullest in spite of such attacks and hatred.

Terenzio, I meant that i has nothing to do with religion insofar as most religious people understand their faith. Thanks for setting this in a historical context.

I agree about birth control – and Cairo. A madhouse ripe for factionalisation!

4. Terenzio says:

That’s the thing. Muslims and Christians keep saying that the violence and the intolerance isn’t part of their faith or religion, but the sad truth is it is. For example, in the US some states are enacting freedom of religion laws that will clearly lead to discrimination against the gay community. So a lot of religious folks who claim to be tolerant of non-believers really aren’t. I think most people understand their faith/religion only too well. They just don’t want to admit to some harsh truths. Nor do they have a problem imposing their will on others when given the opportunity…..as long as it’s THEIR worldview and not the other fellow’s. Look what happened in Italy with gay marriage. They had to take out the adoption option because of the flack from the conservative religious right. What’s even worse is its probably in direct violation of EU directives on equal rights. Unfortunately the EU seems pretty toothless and is more concerned with trade and commerce. And I feel bad for the backlash against the Muslim community as a whole that is bound to occur after these attacks, yet at the same time I have to wonder how many people of Muslim or Christian faiths actually believe in and support secular forms of government. The Venetians put it best…we are Venetians first and Christians second…I could’ve got that wrong but I think it’s right. People need to learn and accept religion or faith is purely a private matter between you and your God….and no one else. Now I’m being naive when I say this.

Oh, dear. We’re careful not to get into contentious issues here, but I would remind Terenzio that there are people on this site who do indeed understand their faith very well and try their best to make their communities inclusive. Our neighbouring minister and the previous Church of England minister are both gay, as are our present and previous organists. The refugees we’ve sponsored have been islamic, coptic, and whatever and one of our people is currently becoming friends with people at the local mosque while driving our latest family back and forth. Every action in that direction draws the disparate elements of society together. I heard a women in Brussels who was crying while she lit a candle in the square – “We don’t do this,” she was crying out, “we don’t do this.”
    Terrorists are the reverse of those heroic types who hide in the mountains and risk their lives to drive out the invaders, to rescue the poor, to keep up hopes of eventual freedom.
    We try so hard, you know, we try so hard.
    (climbs down from stump.)

6. Vivienne says:

To even begin to understand these people is hard, but for some insight I would recommend Brian Keenan’s An Evil Cradling.

Faith necessarily means taking things on trust and not really, really thinking for oneself and that is my objection to all religion I feel I have to say.

7. Rachel Green says:

Bravo, sir. Well said.

8. Ness says:

Having travelled around Europe extensively last century and narrowly missed being blown up by Algerians, ETA and the IRA I decided that fear would not stop me from doing what I wanted to do and going where I wanted to go (within reason). While my ears were still ringing from a recently detonated blast I didn’t stop to ponder the rightness or justness of the cause, I just ran as far as I could away from danger. In each case, the ideologies and motivations were different but the outcome was the same – adding to human misery with no gain and infinite loss. I made a grand return to safer London in 2005 and it was so much more relaxing travelling on the tube without having to be suspicious of every person and every bit of luggage. Two days after I returned home 7/7 happened. Different ideology, same misery and despair at what people are capable of doing to each other. Another horrible Groundhog Day.

It’s a cliche but the moment my peace of mind is replaced by fear, terrorists win. It’s a horrible reality that after a terrorist attack, other countries raise security levels and governments reassure their own citizens it can’t happen there, rather than addressing the fact that it happened somewhere and should not be allowed to happen again. It is division and isolation that contributes to these attacks.

I hate the way the second thing that was reported after the basic details of the Belgian attack was that no Australians were killed or reported injured. Is this meant to make me feel like it’s happening far away and doesn’t count as much? After all Belgium was just as far away when its protection became an issue worth fighting a world war over. World peace should be a noble aim, not just a trite line uttered by contestants in beauty pageants. If we can’t manage world peace (admittedly a very big ask, and liking a page on Facebook is probably not making much of a dint), a bit of being nicer to each other day to day and accepting that there is no single truth, best or worst religion, only way of life, superior nationality, gender, sexuality or more noble thoughts to think would go a long way. It shouldn’t take a tragedy for our petty tensions to be swept away but at least there is hope in the fact that they are, in a modern day spirit of the Blitz. Mind you my mother never forgave Hitler for bombing the family out of multiple houses in the East End, but forgiveness sometimes can only go so far.

9. Terenzio says:

Helen, I’ve no problem with what people do on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but I do have a very big problem when people want to turn a Republic/Deomocracy into a theocracy. Not long ago a county clerk in Kentucky (I think that’s the state) refused to issue marriage licenses to same as couples because it was against her religious values. Now the problem with this is she worked for the secular state; therefore, she had an obligation to do her job which she agreed to when she accepted the job. She should have been fired for not doing her job. Currently the state of Georgia did or is about to pass anti-gay legislation based on religious values. Hopefully the backlash from large companies who are lining up to boycott the state will help stop this legislation from being enacted. In Italy you had a group of people who denied another group of people their equal rights. And Ergogan in Turkey is or has turned Turkey into a theogracy with little or no protection for minorities or the press. I should add one of the many good things Ataturk did was to prohibit the construction of new mosques and churches. Something Ergodan has since reversed, at least in regards to new mosques. I’m not saying all religious people are bad, nor should people be denied worshipping whoever. What I’m saying is in order to live in a fair and peaceful society you need to have a secular government that protects the rights of minorities including gay people, women, non-believers and believers alike. Okay organized religions may do good works and help others, while at the same they also are responsible for a lot of negative things as well. I don’t mean to lecture everyone. However, these terrorist attacks are rooted to a certain degree in organized religion. Although I also believe the leaders of ISIS (like Ergodan in Turkey) are using religion to control/dominate others. Most of these men probably aren’t even qualified to clean toilets. I agree with Ness about not letting these attacks stop us from living our lives. If we did that the terrorists indeed would win.

10. Terenzio says:

I don’t mean to beat a dead horse. I just want to try to clearify my position. Non-violent Muslims (and even Christians) claim their respective religions are peaceful and not violent. When these terrorist attacks happen they wring their helpless hands and cry out this isn’t my religion, but sadly it is part of their religion.History shows Christianity and Islam are both founded on violence, conquest and in many respects intolerance through writings that are literally written in stone and cannot be questioned….they must be taken as literal truth and in the historical context of the 8th or 9th cenutury and 2,000 years ago, respectively. So why are these people surprised when impressionable young people who don’t have the life experiences and knowledge that teaches us (at least most of us) to question and even moderate our opinions/views, go out and blow themselves up along with other people in the name of God. All they’re doing is following the teachings…although teachings that are over a 1,000 years old and in all probability should not be taken at face value and acted upon. Now I don’t have the answers that would solve these problem. I’m not a Christian nor a Muslim nor do I have any desire to be, but I do know that organized religion has done more harm and caused more destruction then whatever good works might have been accomplished. People should be more concerned about the hear and now. Treat people with respect and kindness. Treat the planet with respect and kindness. Instead of saving up brownie points to get into heaven or paradise, as the expense of fellow human beings and the environment.

11. linda ayres says:

I think we are back to Mr Dickens, during the visit of Christmas present Scrooge berates the spirit for wishing to close the bakeries on Sunday, thereby denying the poor the means to dine on the only day which they could be truly said to dine…. The spirit replies I????. Scrooge repeats that it is done in the spirits name. and receives the reply that

“There are some upon this earth of yours,” returned the Spirit, “who lay claim to know us, and who do their deeds of passion, pride, ill-will, hatred, envy, bigotry, and selfishness in our name, who are as strange to us and all our kith and kin, as if they had never lived. Remember that, and charge their doings on themselves, not us.”

Young men can easily be rallied to a cause, Kitchener made use of this fact during the WW1 recruiting campaign.
    Its deeply sad that once again lives have been lost, I doubt that we will ever live in a world that is free of terrorism.

12. Steve says:

Like Chris, I lived all my adult life with (what felt like) constant bombing in London and always being a little bit afraid. I remember the “crump” of the explosions, walking to work through a sea of broken glass, and suchlike. So I think this is something that will be new for the rest of Europe but not in London, it’s more back to life as it always was.

Anyway, here is my usual potpourri of braindump, I don’t know if anyone else ever reads but never mind 🙂

Firstly, I notice people write about Muslims like they are one monolithic block but it’s not like that. ISIS kills far more Muslims than Christians or other faiths. And in Pakistan, the Ahmadis suffer almost as much persecution like Christians and they have a special stamp in their passports, so they cannot go on the Hajj. Just for example.

Also, Karachi is divided almost like between Protestants and Catholics, except there it’s between Muslims who came back from India in the partition, who tend to be more peace-loving, and the tribespeople, who tend to be more aggressive. It’s almost like an estate in London where each area is ruled by a gang for that area, magnified to a giant city. Also, there’s a place where all the rich people live and this has many western stores.

It’s also worth saying, that there is no law in Pakistan against domestic violence. What happens in the home, stays in the home. There is a big discussion in Punjab that it should be allowed to take a woman who suffered violence out of her home, and even this is very controversial. So this is a very different society. If you go to a wedding, many of the women you will never see because they go before the women’s area and the men’s area are joined. This is a very different society. Many probably most imams / mullahs try to join these differences to Islam, so you can argue about whether this is “true” Islam, I don’t think it is, but it’s “reality” in terms of experience. Just like how Catholic Ireland also had a lot of bad stuff, frankly.

In the meantime, although all my oldest friends are Christian, on a day-to-day basis I am with Muslims as much as Christians. So this is how the world and my life changed. I don’t feel like this is bad, it just became normal almost without I noticed.

The way the Muslim family life works is very much like Jane Austen, and I think when you read her books and think how “our” world was in her time, this is a good way to understand how the Muslim world still is in many ways. From the point of view of the young Muslim people in the UK, this has many nice aspects but also some oppressive aspects.

I want to make one point which I do think is important. I think the combination of Religion and State is very bad. Whether in Pakistan, Israel, or how it was for a long time in Ireland, it only leads to bad things. This is my personal feeling and summary.

Thanks to Chris for his ever interesting blog which keeps me coming back! New book on the way from Amazon too…

13. Steve says:

I just want to add, when I said “Many probably most imams / mullahs try to join these differences to Islam” that’s unfair for the UK. Worldwide for sure it’s like that, but in London, for example, everyone knows which are the mosques and imams who are making trouble.

I also think it was bad luck that the whole Gaza thing was on the TV just as Isis started. Many people were made angry by the pictures from Gaza (don’t want to argue rights and wrongs, but that’s just a fact) and at the beginning it was easy to be naïve about Isis.

14. Terenzio says:

Linda Ayres, your quote from Dickens reminds me of the saying, “Guns don’t kill people; people kill people.”

15. Terenzio says:

Interesting comparison. It’s like Muslim society/culture hasn’t evolved at the same pace as Western society has. There are definitely parallel and separate societies in Europe in US…mainstream and Muslims. What people really should be noticing is the fact the terrorists who blew themselves up in Belgium are third generation. Born in Europe, but with no apparent loyalty to Europe. Blaming immigration for these attacks is ludicrous. Poland announced they are closing their borders to immigrants, which isn’t right. These poor people have no where to go, yet there are those who….once again irrational thinking and fear of the “other”…would let them suffer (the condition in sone of those refugee camps are horrific) and starve to death. Something ISIS would love to see happen because they can then come back and say look what the Europeans are doing to our fellow Muslims. However, Muslims do need to find a way to keep their customs and culture, yet at the same time follow the laws and rules of a predominately secular government. I admit, not an easy task to reconcile secular and religious beliefs. But their first loyalty needs to be to their country whether born there or not. This loyalty needs to be instilled in the younger generation. For their loyalty they should be given the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. First, I’m not sure I see this happening because religion tends to be rigid to begin with and if it does evolve/change at all it’s tends to be very very slow process. And second, there’s a lot of bigotry and hatred out there. Those people are different; therefore, I don’t like them even though they’ve never done anything to me personally to warrant this….type of thinking. And Europeans, Americans etc. for their part need to learn that these people aren’t going away. Being mean and nasty to them isn’t going to solve the problem. It will just alienate them and force them into isolated communities that will breed resentment. And people (and I mean everyone) need to take a moment to see this from the other guys perspective. As they say, it takes two to tango. No one seems to doing this. We live in such a polarized world these days, where there is “us” and “them”. Today, on the Guardian website there was an article on the large Muslim population in Brooklyn, New York. This one Muslim guy interviewed put it bluntly and succinctly…we (the Muslim community) have no where to go. And what’s more is the non-Muslim population have
    no where to go either. So I think we are all in the same boat.

16. Steve says:

Terenzio, really it’s -not- them and us

I think, English-ness and British-ness are suprisingly strong and people become English or British without even realising themselves

People live in England and dont realise that despite how much there is to complain about, 99% of the world is even worse and believe me that includes Europe

Living a lot of the time in London as I do, I would say it’s despite everything a real community and people know they must sink or swim together

And our next mayor will be a muslim of course

17. Wayne Mook says:

Steve, most of Europe is used to terrorist attacks, think ETA, Baader-Meinhof Gang (Red Army Faction.) as well as far right attacks like the Cologne bombings in the early 2000’s, as well as attacks linked to France and Algeria, Spain in Morocco, Libya just about everywhere and a whole lot more. I remember the IRA attacked in the Netherlands. It’s gone on for a long time, both here and in Europe, sadly.

Like others here I know from experience you get used to it and then carry on. I remember getting a free bag of crisps on train between Liverpool and Manchester due to a suspect package that delayed the train over 10 minutes, British Rail knew how to deal with this sort of thing.

As to religion as an effect on society and the past. The Enlightenment would not have happened without religion as it was in part a reaction to Catholicism, but the Bible translations by what were considered fanatics brought reading to the masses, the church keeping of Greek & Roman texts created the backbone for education; the Muslim advances in maths, architecture, astronomy in the middle ages set the groundwork for European advancement. Sadly though the Enlightenment led to the French Revolution, The Terror, Napoleon’s European wars and future French Imperialism, see Algeria. Still you can’t have it all.

Usually religion doesn’t start wars (it has but most wars are for other reasons.) in the past it has acted as a way of binding societies together, creating common thought across boundaries and this stability has brought a lot of good, on the downside it is used as a way of repression, especially in the service of the dominant power, on anyone who is deemed a problem or groups outside the status quo (not the band). In short religion is used to keep the status quo and the stability, repression and stagnation that go with it, but its the stability that allows us more than anything to progress. If we talk of things set in stone that literally refers to the commandments, the most famous one is ‘Do not kill.’ Shame it’s not kept, but then religion is a society of people and as such reflects them and people in general.

If you want to see what a non religious state is capable of look at the old Soviet Union. It’s use of Lamarckism is instructive, as is the West’s response to it, ever wondered why it was taught in schools.

As to why people would join these groups, well if people feel outside society and can see injustice including inequality(bankers, rulers, the super rich, etc.) and attacks on people like the, then they are cut adrift from society and as such are easier for recruitment; add to this many people need to feel they belong to something and have a purpose, and this is where the seeds grow. It makes it possible for people the to use this for their own ends, whether religious, racist, criminal (gangs are built like this) and political and any other group you can think off. Think the Manson family and how a charismatic figure can use the disillusioned and the lost.

The attacks sadden me and I condemn them and thank Chris for his words, common ground is good. Another thing we can do is try to create a more equal and fair society, I don’t expect it to be perfect. I’d rather prop up the NHS than a bank not fit for purpose and I think this would help in so many ways. Laundering for starters.

Wayne.

18. Lee Ann says:

To be brief – I find myself thinking of of these often –
    The movie, “Paradise Now”
    And a story in Vanity Fair, “Under the Egytian Sun”

19. Keith says:

Terenzio says………..Most of them seem to be in their teens or 20s, a time when our hormones are still running pretty wild. Are these folks lonely, embittered and disenfranchised or are they simply young and stupid looking for a cause to believe in? Most of us make stupid mistakes when we are young. These mistakes we learn from and are able to live with. In my 20s I made some bloomers, but I’m still going….like the cute pink energizer bunny. Alas blowing yourself is pretty final. You can’t learn from this mistake. If these young chaps and women (there have been a few female suicide bombers, although I don’t know what they expect to get in paradise…76 studs? but like I said they are irrational so it doesn’t matter what they expect their reward will be) lived into their 30s and 40s they were probably grow out of this phase and realize how stupid and flawed their thinking was……….

Stupid mistakes????

I honestly can’t believe the crap that you spout! And never mentioning Islam without mentioning Christianity. I lived in Holland for 5 years on my own- lonely, embittered, disenfranchised, in the 70’s. I never thought of blowing people up, or attacking people for believing in another faith. I was brought up a Christian, I loved the life I lived in Holland even if I was lonely, embittered and disenfranchised. Islam seems to be a hate religion, nothing more. The need to feel they belong, you say? Why? I needed that feeling too, but I never turned to hate other people. The muslim communities in Belgium that harbor these criminals need to speak out, and they don’t. Shut up about disillusionment and being ‘outcast’. Yesterday in Pakistan, yet another wicked crime aimed against Christians. These idiots are brain-dead murderous scum, nothing more. Go on blame the West, blame society as a whole. There lies no blame. These bastards are a plague that we will never be rid of till either ‘them or us’ sets the clock back to zero! It’s so damn sad!

Posted In