Here Come The Kindle Editions!

Books

CF_NOVELS_EN MASSE_ii

When it came to putting out e-versions of my back catalogue, I decided to take a similar approach to the Bryant & May Christmas annual of short stories, ‘London’s Glory’. Instead of merely sticking some tales in a book I added explanations and essays. So rather than simply transcribing the various novels and collections into electronic versions (not as easy as it seems, considering some were produced on typewriters and the manuscripts are now lost) I commissioned my pal Martin Butterworth to get involved with the project.

Martin’s an excellent graphic designer, and revisited the books, designing new covers to make them all match. That way, if the any of the books do well, we’ll produce hardcopies with matching covers. I also added new written pieces for every book, explaining how and why it was created, and placing it in the context of when it was published.

Best of all, despite all of the work that’s gone into the new editions we’ve been able to keep the price way down. They’ll sell for just £2.49, less than the price of half a London pint. The first novels to be available will be ‘Roofworld’ and ‘Spanky’, but if you look on Amazon you’ll find many more titles to come!

7 comments on “Here Come The Kindle Editions!”

I still refuse to enter the e-world. Rats, rats, rats!

Noooo Helen come in, join us, it’s fine, you’ll use it as well, not instead of….

3. AC says:

I don’t see them on Amazon here in the States, just in the United Kingdom. I intend to have a good sulk about that.

4. John Howard says:

As you say admin I have definitely found it is a case of, as well as…… The hardbacks & paperbacks on the library shelf ( I say library but tongue is firmly in cheek ) and the electronic editions get to travel on holidays all over the place. There is no fighting or jealousy between the various types either. Its all very harmonious. I do realise that this is not necessarily in the spirit of de-clutter as an earlier post suggests but lines do have to be drawn somewhere…

5. Vivienne says:

Oh, great. I am intrigued by Spanky as it has had so many references. On my list for tomorrow.

6. Wayne Mook says:

Yep, I can say my to read list is long on the kindle not yet as big as the too read pile, but then that has had a lot more years to grow. Remember things like the Guttenberg project are lethal for getting reading copies of old books & authors, a lot ‘lost’ authors are now available. For instance A.J. Alan, the old radio story teller before the war, a copy of his tales is now out there, previously only a few in reprints were easy to get.

Wayne.

Spanky is very interesting. I bought it partially for the incredible cover.