My Bumper Spring Of Publications

Bryant and May

B&M15 ST

Due to a slight miscommunication with my publisher it seems that the mass market edition of ‘Bryant & May and the Burning Man’ is appearing on February 25th, just before the hardback arrival of ‘Bryant & May: Strange Tide’, the detectives’ mystery concerning strange deaths on the Thames, and the novel which will solve the puzzle of What Happens Next to the staff of the blighted Peculiar Crimes Unit.

But wait, there’s more!

At the same time, my terrifyingly huge backlist of novels and short story collections will start appearing as e-books, starting with ‘Roofworld’ and ‘Spanky’, probably launching in twos and threes after that, as fast as we can digitise them. There will also be a new short story e-collection, ‘Frightening’, to celebrate their appearance.

A little further down the line, I have now delivered a new stand-alone thriller (watch this space for a title and launch date), and looking even further ahead, there will be another new Bryant & May novel for 2017 entitled ‘Wild Chamber’ (which I am about to start writing). Call centre workers get more time off. If there’s anything else you want me to bang out, do say. I  always feel guilty when the subject of my prolific output comes up, as if I aim for quantity over quality, when in truth I agonise over every word.

12 comments on “My Bumper Spring Of Publications”

Note to Snowy – I’m not sure you got my email. David Frankland isn’t the artist for the new books, it’s Max Schindler.

2. Jo W says:

We’ll keep reading your books if you’ll keep writing them,Chris. Enjoying Sand Men and London’s Glory at the moment- one book upstairs,one down. 🙂

3. Anchovee says:

Undoubtably quantity and quality! If you’ve got a spare moment please could you fit in a Roofworld sequel?

4. chris hughes says:

Do you remember the galley slaves in the old Hollywood sword’n’sandals epics? The poor buggers were sweating at the oars while the big, bald, moustachioed baddy was hammering out the rhythm….now I’m not big, bald, moustachioed (or a man, come to that) but just keep writing:)!

5. snowy says:

Oh, I’ll send you an e-mail from a spare account.

If it fails, fallback to Twitter, [name in the ‘What Can I Call Bryant and May Fans’ comment stream.]

6. AC says:

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! I could die happy right now but I won’t because I wouldn’t be able to read your backlist in ebook format. I’m also glad to see Bryant and May still at it. By the way, wasn’t “Rune” a Bryant and May. I really liked that one, it reminded me of M. R. James “Casting the Runes”

7. m says:

Wonderful news. Will the e-books be available for the US?

There are no plans to bring out a separate backlist of e-books for the US, m – you can download the UK ones, can’t you?

9. AC says:

Sadly, due to draconian copyrights and distribution agreements it doesn’t seem that a Kindle or Kindle app registered in the US can purchase ebooks from Amazon.uk. At least that’s what research shows so far. If this backlist were to show up in the Canadian Kobo store, however, we might be in business with an epub device. I purchased several books from Kobo with a B&N Nook. I WILL find a way!

10. Jenny Spencer says:

Another Bryant and May for 2017 sounds great. Can’t wait to read it.

11. Chris Lancaster says:

Great news on all fronts. Hopefully the e-books will open up your work to a new audience. A shame that Frightening won’t be a physical book, but at least it will slightly prolong the life of my creaking bookshelves!

12. M says:

as stated above you can’t download form a different country from where your credit card is located I think. I know it required more than a UK internet connection. Not sure what it would do with a go though. Might have to experiment with a friend in the UK.