The Man With The X-Rayed Eyes: Update

Observatory

invisible-man2

I’ve now been seen by my surgeon and have been referred to a specialist about my eye condition. Here’s the gruesome bit: Because I was unusually young to qualify for the surgery I had, my aqueous humor is still ‘sticky’ and thickened over my eye; it will disperse in time, but there’s no time limit on how long it will take. Therefore I’m back at work, just with MUCH BIGGER TYPE and glasses (Tom Ford, very classy, I might keep that look). Thank you all for checking. You are a kindly lot.

18 comments on “The Man With The X-Rayed Eyes: Update”

1. Jo W says:

Oh dear,Admin! Obviously you weren’t typing ‘Do Your Worst 2015’ with your fingers crossed. I do wish you better, very soon. 👍👍

2. Hazel Johnstone says:

Get well soon.

I’m loving ‘plastic’ and trying to finish before real life resumes tomorrow…

3. Vivienne says:

Oh, this does sound nightmarish. Hope for rapid improvement.

4. BangBang!! says:

Hope you get better soon admin. Best wishes.

5. Patricia says:

Get well soon!

I have eye surgery coming up and everyone says it’s a piece of cake and then no more problems. I hope yours are over soon – painlessly and easily. We’re all sending positive vibes your way.

Let’s see – did anyone see the Emily Carr exhibit at the National Gallery? What did you think?

My nephew bought ear cans for his six year old son so that he can play drums for his father. In the store the sales person said that he shouldn’t buy ear buds because a child’s ear canal is shorter than an adult’s and you risk damaging the ear drum. Anyone know anything about this aspect? How can you tell when the risk is gone? All the things you never knew you could worry about.

My last comment before resting my peepers – don’t worry, Helen, it’s the commonest complication of eye surgery and apparently fixable.
    No Emily Carr – perhaps someone else here went?
    Earbuds & kids don’t mix well because kids turn the sound up too high. I speak as someone who fell asleep with his head against the bass-speaker at a Led Zeppelin concert when I was a kid…

8. Mark Pack says:

Hope you recover as well as my brother did – all the best.

9. snowy says:

Oh, I hope you get it resolved speedily, if you are going to be forced to adjure screen time perhaps I can offer a slight diversion to pass away an hour.

[Link above will take you to a copy of the Beeb full cast radio adaptation of The Ascent of RD]

[Oh, rats it’s a funny link with spaces in the directory/file names! ……… If it doesn’t resolve, change each occurrence of ‘%20’ to a single space. Having got there ‘Right-click’ and ‘Save link as’ or whatever is the Mac equiv. ]

H, over the head style ‘phones are a good choice for a child, though as he gets more proficient then he may prefer the neck band type, [esp. if he is into Heavy Rock or Metal!] There is a modicum of truth in what the salesperson said,, there are physiological reasons why adult sized kit is not suitable.

[But as any adult knows giving anything to a child that they can stuff in their ears, [or up their nose], is a recipie for an unscheduled visit to ‘Accident and Emergency’. And being young they will just yank the things out by the wires when they are done, I doubt they would last the week!]

10. Xas says:

Hoping for a quick recovery, admin, and all the best for your surgery, Helen.

11. Stephen Groves says:

Hi Chris,

Hope all is well soon.
    All Best
    STALKY

12. Alan Morgan says:

Aw crap, not good.

13. Brian Evans says:

Good Luck, and I hope all goes well.

14. Wayne Mook says:

Hope you feel better soon,

As for kids putting things in their ears, no just don’t do it. Wax crayons especially for some reason.

That reminds me I have The Invisible Man to read, it’s in the kindle queue.

Wayne.

Thanks for the advice, Snowy and all. My great nephew, at six, is still amenable to parental instruction, especially since, if I know his father, he won’t be allowed access unless he complies. That’s a great father/son relationship.
    take everything very easily, admin. We’d rather wait for things than have to really wait while you adjust to reduced vision.

16. Steve says:

Wishing you the very best and a speedy recovery.

17. snowy says:

I popped into the chemist lunchtime, to score some drugs pick up some bits and swipe me you can get Kiddy ear plugs in the Travel section, [intended to help the little darlings sleep during long flights]. But if you are not a fan of either ‘Sponge Bob’ or ‘Hello Kitty’ then you are straight out of luck.