Title

2014: Start As You Mean To Go On

Christopher Fowler
Snakes   You reach an age where the click of the calendar to another year is viewed with a certain ennui and the thought, My God, here we go again. And yet it's hard not to be excited. This year I'll be doing some travelling (Latvia in two weeks time, then Vietnam) and 'The Bleeding Heart' and 'Nyctophobia' will be published in March and October respectively. I'll be working on my next books, 'The Burning Man' (Bryant & May 12), 'Find Me', 'Dream World' and 'Crazy Lady'. I'll be trying to sell a double-sized new edition of 'Invisible Ink: How 200 Famous Authors Vanished', and pitching other new ideas, and I'll be waiting to see if my segment of the movie 'Bloody London' gets made. I'll be touring and tutoring, too. I hope to get to the US sometime soon, but tend to pop up in bookshops without prior warning. However, there will be a list of PAs posted in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, onward! And a Happy New Year to all...
Posted in
Observatory

Comments

Bride of the B… (not verified) Wed, 01/01/2014 - 12:09

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Happy New Year to you too, Christopher, looking forward to the outcome of all these exciting projects!

Stephen Groves (not verified) Wed, 01/01/2014 - 12:13

Hi Chris,

Happy New Year,it sounds like it's going to be a good one.Alas not for MRS STALKY'S parts and all.

All best
STALKY

pheeny (not verified) Wed, 01/01/2014 - 13:34

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Very much looking forward to the next Bryant and May :)

pheeny (not verified) Wed, 01/01/2014 - 13:35

Sorry to hear about Mrs Stalky

Jo W (not verified) Wed, 01/01/2014 - 15:09

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

That's spooky,Admin! 'Here we go again' is just what I wrote in my new diary,not ten minutes ago. Btw could have done without photo of snake!!!

Dan Terrell (not verified) Wed, 01/01/2014 - 15:35

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

I feel for Mrs. Stalky and I'm in awe of how he can so successfully dodge by her. Skillful. For my part, I'm going to hum/sing "Pennies From Heaven" each day hoping for a daily shower to balance accounts.

Matt (not verified) Wed, 01/01/2014 - 16:39

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

You just love burning that candle don't you! You do know though that when the flames meet thats it and everything ends....

Hats off to you man. You really do work hard and hope you play hard too. Your trips sound both scary and exciting for me it will be another year of waiting for the books to arrive and some exciting trips round our British isle.

Best wishes for the new year Admin. Hope 2014 brings you all you desire.

Busy busy busy busy Busy BUSY BUSY.......

Helen Martin (not verified) Wed, 01/01/2014 - 18:48

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

I feel tired just looking at your schedule for the upcoming months. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Elizabeth Endicott (not verified) Wed, 01/01/2014 - 19:56

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Happy New Year! If you come to the US this year, consider a stop at Northshire Bookstore in Manchester, Vermont. Founded in 1976 (old by our standards), Northshire Bookstore sponsors a nice array of author events.

Sally Whetton (not verified) Wed, 01/01/2014 - 23:49

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Happy New Year! I would love to see you in or around Atlanta, Georgia on your US visit. As a long-time reader and fan originally from England, it would be such a treat to be able to shake your hand, and pick your brain. Here's to 2014! Cheers.

Lee Ann (not verified) Sat, 04/01/2014 - 00:18

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Hope you come out my way. We have one of the top bookstores in the country, waiting to see if it is on your list and our newspaper always has great reviews of your books.

Keith (not verified) Mon, 06/01/2014 - 10:39

Happy New Year Chris!

Like you, we fans now have much to look forward to.