A Stab At An Award

Media

library_dagger

I’ve been longlisted for the 2013 Dagger in the Library Award from the Crime Writer’s Association. This is the only Crime Writers Association award that’s voted for by library staff and users.

There are thirteen nominations, and the shortlist will be announced at the CWA reception at Crimefest, in Bristol. The winner will be announced at the Dagger Awards dinner on 15th July in London.

It’s a ridiculously strong list with at least two rampant bestsellers on it, so I’m a rank outsider, but it’s nice to be listed, and in such a cool category. The full details are here.

15 comments on “A Stab At An Award”

1. Lora Fountain says:

Hi, Chris,
    Great news about your CWA nomination! Even if it’s been a while since we were in contact, I’m always glad to hear about your progress, and I think of you every time I’m in Soho. Next time you’re in France,let me know. I’m still at the same place, same phone – and e-mail above).
    Love, Lora

2. Paul Phillips says:

Congratulations on the nomination. A strong field, indeed – but some very good names to be included with. All the best on making the shortlist!

3. Jo W says:

Congratulations on the nomination,Admin! I use my local libraries a lot,in fact it was there that I first discovered your books. So, long may they continue!

4. Dan Terrell says:

Excellent. With your love of libraries and your great books, you should be a natural for the award. Perhaps, you should write a volume called book freak.

5. snowy says:

It’s been a day of news, apparently Westminster Council want to erect a 14′ high cock in Traf. Sq. and some people are finding it hard to swallow.

Badum, Tish!

I’ve been tweeting jokes about that already!

I agree with the councillor who felt that France’s symbol didn’t belong in Trafalgar Square. As for it being ‘exciting’ what is exciting about a totally realistic rooster (without hearing it how can you tell it is a cockerel?) When I think of all the exciting pieces that appeared on that plinth for them to settle (even briefly) for a blue chicken is…I don’t know what. Remember the ship in a bottle? Now that was apposite, imaginative, a reminder of history, and just plain neat. Rowf, rowf, rowf!

8. snowy says:

Ok, Ok, having checked Twitter, yes you did, but you went ‘political’, I was going for a more nuanced* Frankie Howard feel.

(* How nuanced you can get with a ‘knob gag’ is a matter of opinion.)

9. Dan Terrell says:

Errrrrr……
    I think my brain just crashed. Way too many risqué incoming witticisms, and we are in mixed reading company.
    But, as a long-time reader of this fine blog, I’m not surprised. We have had a number of columns reporting on oddities of the London City skyline. (Never happen here in the U.S. of A.)
    Perhaps, the fowl’s color should better be linked to the temperature in the square. Blue for winter cold, red for summer heat, and shades of the other seasons in between.
    Okay, I’m listening to some Bach now to reset the old noggin.

10. snowy says:

Ok, Dan just stay away from his ‘large organ works’!

(Sigh…)

11. Dan Terrell says:

I would never have thought that of you, Snowy! Well, maybe… I’ll counterbalance any Bach overload with a bit of vintage Little Richard, although John Lewis’s piano is a better match. MJQ good.

Well, I tried to move the discussion to a slightly higher level but what can you do when there are a bunch of men around?

13. snowy says:

Hatpin?

Thinking of it, Snowy, although I don’t often have a hatpin handy now that I’ve cut my hair.