If Things Get Tough In The Writing Trade, There’s Always This:

Observatory

149475_467981196588311_1224360914_n

8 comments on “If Things Get Tough In The Writing Trade, There’s Always This:”

1. keith page says:

Spot on! My mother-in-law would hate this!

2. keith page says:

Spot on! My mother-in-law would hate this!

3. Alan G says:

May I apply?

Oh – hang on – would being a witch with no knowledge of international banking fraud count against me?

4. Dan Terrell says:

Oh Ye, of little … (heh-heh)… of little… (ho, hooo)… fa…
    Hey, it’s not blasphemy if I don’t finish the quote, right?
    Or as the woman quoted in today’s newspaper story said: “We don’t have a pope, we don’t have a government, and now it’s snowing in Rome!”
    This is truly the Between Days.
    “And so it goes.” As the great Kurt Vonnegut would say, or Billy Joel would sing – take your pick: a) b) or All of the above.

5. Pheeny says:

naughty naughty!

6. Steve says:

Had I been drinking anything when I read that, it would have spewed from my nose and ruined my keyboard…..I’m still laughing….

I have no idea why, but it reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw the other day which said, “Republicans for Voldemort”.

Truth in advertising…

I’m following a group on Linked In which started out discussing past popes (it’s a history interest group)but has expanded into the various philosophical schools (are you a platonist, a nihilist or what?) and in what way, if any, the papacy is relevant in this century. Since the group contains devout & non-practicing Catholics, multi kinds of protestants and non-believers of all sorts the discussion gets quite heavy and occasionally hot, but it is remaining civil even after two weeks of posting. The current majority opinion seems to be that if the Holy See and the Roman Catholic Church as a whole wish to have any influence in decision making they have to clean up their act and elect a real leader. That’s burning it down to its essence. One group member suggested that it might be an idea to pipe the discussion into the conclave, but that just took us into a discussion of the role the media are playing or would like to play in the run up to the conclave.