January: The New Silly Season!

London

Yes, it’s that time when we all go a bit bonkers and put on stupid clothes – erm, except it’s not, it’s miserable out and the only laugh you’re likely to get is from going along to London Fashion Week for Men and seeing these ‘hot’ upcoming clothing styles. The first designers have this to say about their clothes. ‘Our muse this season is Alexander George Thynn, seventh Marquess of Bath. We’ve also been ­inspired by farmers and badger culling.’

Personally I think the look is closer to ‘Thora Hird Attempts To Escape From Old Folks’ Home Disguised as Nerd’ or possibly ‘Dinnerladies Returns with New Cast Member’, but I’m not very cutting-edge in the togs department.

Agi & SamSiblingJ.W. AndersonUnknown

9 comments on “January: The New Silly Season!”

1. Dan Terrell says:

And these outfits are to be worn in the London dews and damps? I’ll stick to bluejeans, a T-shirt, jacket and solid, well-waxed shoes. Oh, and my regulation-size Bach promo umbrella and a book in a soft plastic zipup case.

2. John says:

Ugly pajamas – all of them. The last looks like a costume design reject from the old Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy TV series. Badger culling serves a fashion inspiration? The world truly is coming to an end.

3. Alan G says:

Poor model – he must be really starving to do that. And certainly cannot have any mates…

He looks starving, too. These are even uglier than last year’s. This is a put on, isn’t it, Chris? I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind, male or female, being willing to wear any of this stuff.

5. snowy says:

Has Rupert Everrett been on the monkey gland treatment?

Any way, going way off topic, for those who are interested in Web 2.0 bobbins, I was pointed towards a site called smalldemons.

It scans the text of an author’s work and creates a collection of galleries/links based on the references included. It’s a bit hit and miss, and clearly an elaborate front to gain income from referer links. But someone might find it useful to see how many people have referenced ‘Forbbiden Planet’ in a book. Or which of the B&M’s contains an sad tale involving Barry Manilow.

What has me baffled [not hard to do], is where they are getting the original texts from, unless they are running multiple searches on Goog’e books. But doesn’t look that simple.

6. glasgow1975 says:

Absolutely ridiculous . . .socks with sandals????!!!!

7. keith page says:

I’ll stick to Hackett [sales only, of course]

Perhaps he’s diabetic, Glasgow, and protecting his feet? The silliest ever are those bloomer things. Who comes up with these things?

9. Liz Rose says:

Socks with sandals are the only bits of these costumes I like – I’m a fan of warm feet. Liz

Posted In