Bryant & May Come To Life

Bryant and May

bryant-and-may-soho-01

‘The Casebook Of Bryant & May is now on the way from PS Publishing. You can read about its genesis at Down The Tubes here. The elegantly slipcased edition is now ordering and we’ll be signing at Forbidden Planet in January. I’m thrilled with what Keith has done, and if we sell out the limited run we’ll do another next year, and try to turn it into an annual event. While TV networks prevaricated, I’m glad we took the bull by the horns and gave the superannuated duo a chance at life. Maybe we should do a radio show next!

Find out more about the book from PS here

23 comments on “Bryant & May Come To Life”

1. Pete says:

Just ordered the signed copy, really looking forward to this.

2. Wayne says:

Got mine on order, Now if you had said there were two versions and linked to the slip case edition i would have ordered that but as you only linked to the unsigned edition I ordered that. Never mind, I have one coming thats the main thing, and anyway The books are just the same and I took the naff red box off my Red Gloves collection anyway so it’s no biggie. Looks good though with the slipcase this B&M.

3. Mike Cane says:

You know I don’t do paper, so I hope an eBook version is coming.

Bryant & May radio show? Now that’d be something!

4. Dan Terrell says:

Mine has been on order – it seems forever – and paid for, so finally the book is spotted on the horizon. Excellent way to kick off the new year. Clicking on the PS orange “here” you get and excellent preview of the contents. Come on 2013!

Mike, in this case you’ll want to do paper because it wouldn’t work as an e-book – it’s glossy and sexy.

6. snowy says:

I’ve long thought B&M would make great wireless, but kept quiet, so as not to be a nag.

A lot of other characters started out on radio and then moved to the idiot box.

[But I’ll not go on about finding the right slot, which is the key to success.]

Any plans to release in soft cover once the hardbacks are sold?

7. Reuben says:

I pre-ordered mine on Saturday night after I’d been drinking so needless to say I went for the signed version. Now I’m sober I still don’t regret my decision.

Yes, I’d love this to be an annual event.
    And yes I think B&M would make an excellent drama series for Radio 4.

8. Ford says:

I’ve ordered the signed/slip-case version; well “She who must be obeyed!” has ordered one for me … as a surprise!

Love the idea of a Radio 4 version. Whose voices? I mentally have a picture of Bob Hoskins and Ian Mckellen!

9. John Howard says:

Mine ordered too. How about Michael Caine and Johnny Depp for the voices??

10. snowy says:

On a sort of related note, will Keith’s splendid header/banner be making an appearance at the top of the blog when this post is down ‘below the fold’?

11. Steve says:

Interesting that Arthur’s holding his pipe in his left hand and with the stem between his index and middle fingers. Most pipe smokers would encircle the bowl with the index, middle fingers and thumb, resting it on the ring and little fingers.
    I have no idea why I notice these things.

12. Dan Terrell says:

I noticed that, too, as a long ago pipe smoker. I finally decided Arthur was making some sort of coded signal or the artist was a former cigarette smoker. You’ve got good eyes and an eye for detail; and I’ve got finally picked up my new glasses.

13. Steve says:

Yeah Dan, I thought the same about cigarette smoking, because that’s how a cigarette would be held. Ugh, please don’t mention new glasses. I need them but don’t want them – especially the sunglasses. They’re chrome hearts and it would set me back a pretty penny to get those lenses updated…

14. keith page says:

Interesting comments about the pipe.No, I’ve never smoked myself.I hope you all like the book.

15. Steve says:

No fear Keith, we will LOVE the book.

16. Dan Terrell says:

Keith: I know we will. The reason the pipe position is unusual is this – hold a pipe in that manner and it would be hard to maintain with the bowl up. The stem is normally so round and smooth, so it would flip or tilt. But, hey, on reflection this is Arthur, right?

17. Peter A says:

That’s my Chrimbo pressie to myself sorted, many thanks.

Peter

18. Ooooohhhhhh. Yes radio show please. I have spoken. ;-)

Have never smoked and my Dad smoked cigarettes, but I noticed the pipe thingy. I’ll bet we won’t notice it on the actual book because there’s a light on Arthur’s sleeve that seems to be part of his hand so he looks as if he’s holding a bone. I’m betting there’s a difference in the colour that pales the connection. We will love the book, Keith, just as we’ve loved all of your work up to now.

20. Alan Morgan says:

I do/don’t smoke and that’s how a fag is held, indeed. My granda (contemporary of Arthur) smoked with the ciggie cupped in his hand between thumb and forefinger. Neither of which is a pipe, mind.

21. Dan Terrell says:

Alan – that’s the windy-day position used by of outdoors smokers. It provides a bit of a windbreak. Or it’s the postion in theory that’s used to shelter a smoke from prying adult eyes.

22. Alan Morgan says:

Probably as-was Dan, ciggies haven’t gone out in the wind for a long time. Put it down and it keeps on burning down. Not so rollies. My granda smoked like that probably because everyone around him did when young. Plus being deep-Lambeth working class it was compulsary for him to smoke like a spiv. Mind you, he was dead la-de-dah what with working in an office after the war. Everyone else in the family round there was in music hall. ‘Ave a banana.