Thames Turns Into Giant Bathtub

London

This thing went down the Thames yesterday. So the Thames became a giant bathtub.

I remember there was once a small nightclub next to The Fridge, the famous Brixton club, called The Freezer. Then they opened a lounge bar called The Oven. A poster for the bar read: ‘Visit The Oven. It’s next to The Fridge, below The Freezer.’ This has the same effect. It was something to do with making London more fun. Actually if London was much more fun right now I’d be close to death. Enough with the fun until after the Christmas season, please!

Screen-shot-2012-12-11-at-10.46.50

7 comments on “Thames Turns Into Giant Bathtub”

1. Dan Terrell says:

Well, it could get more exciting, Admin.
    If you hear outside a very loud male voice going: “Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum! I smell the blood of an Englishman. Be he alive or be he dead, he stole my bath Duckie and I’ll crack his head!”
    Take care as we’re all awaiting the new books that you have yet to finish.

2. glasgow1975 says:

This was all over Twitter, but it was described as a stunt by some online bingo site, not about ‘making London more fun’, tho I suppose that was a side effect. . .
    Reminds me a tad of the huge MJ statue that he floated down the Thames to modestly promote HIStory. . .

Why are bathtub ducks all the same? They are all baby ducks, all have the same eyes and all have their bright orange beaks open like that. Is there something iconic about a baby duck? Why not a frog? (does Froggy love daddy?) or a swan?

4. John Howard says:

Bah Humbug Admin? Do I detect a bit of ‘Bohemian Lag’ Good question Helen. Maybe it’s because they are all ‘cute and fwuffy’ (Sorry my Little Lord Fauntleroy lisp got in the way for a moment)

5. snowy says:

Not all ducks are yellow, and the expression on the one in the photo bothers me.

I can’t decide if it has just spotted a tasty morsel, or been rammed astern.

For those hankering for a non yellow duck.

I suppose, John, and, they swim, which pandas and kittens don’t, but yellow plastic isn’t fluffy. We’re into perception here, aren’t we?

Snowy you definitely have far too much time available for this. Those are incredible ducks – we liked the security duck.

Posted In