A Merry Christmas From Mr Bryant & Mr May

Bryant and May

5.white corridor

On the first slay of Christmas, Santa brings you…a new short short story from the decrepit duo – read it here!

13 comments on “A Merry Christmas From Mr Bryant & Mr May”

1. Dan Terrell says:

Thank you. This fix of methadone should nearly get me to the release of the next full-length B & M novel, if I buy it from Amazon.uk, again.
    Hope Alma gave Bryant a full wash down when he got home and tossed all his clothes in the washer. May is so next he probably will do it himself. That stuff in the room lasts for a long time. My oldest sister’s post office in DC was the one involved in the incident you refer to and she received no mail for three weeks after. Hell on timely bill payments!
    What does the symbol stand for? Can’t reproduce it here, but couldn’t find it Googling around either.
    Again thanks, Admin, and I’ll print in out now for save keeping.

2. Jo says:

Sorry, guessed it before the end!

The same idea was used in an episode of ‘Law & Order: Criminal Intent’ and then in the US version of ‘Eleventh Hour’, which is the only reason I remembered, and hence guessed. And one would have to be quite the connoisseur of US crime drama to have caught both episodes.

3. Steve says:

Well, I didn’t guess and I think it’s brilliant. I think Dan is asking about this: â€. It appeared twice in the story.

4. Dan Terrell says:

Correct, Steve.

5. glasgow1975 says:

Think that’s just a formatting error, it’s just brackets or speech marks that haven’t shown up correctly

6. Red Wolf says:

I did see that one coming, but not from Law & Order.

I’ve run across several news articles over the years related to idiots importing raw hides and accidentally killing themselves via anthrax. Oddly, it always seems to be drum makers.

7. Steve says:

I may be a bit unusual…as a reader that is….because I don’t try to figure it out…if it “dawns” on me then great, but I don’t play detective so much as enjoy B&M&Company *being* detectives. Particularly Arthur.

8. John Howard says:

Who cares if that one was seen coming. What do you expect. Doesn’t take long to cook macaroni cheese. Ditto Steve.

9. Anchovee says:

Love it! Especially as it mentions my boiled sweet of choice. Like the pic too – very ukiyo-e.

10. fuzzleg says:

Thank You Mr Fowler. Didn’t dissect it, didn’t discuss it. Read it, took it in, enjoyed it.
    You consistently provide me with one of life’s simple (well, for the reader) pleasures.

11. Porl says:

brightened up my afternoon! Thanks for this..I love these gys and cant wait for the graphic novel!

Have printed it out because I don’t like reading extended things on screen but haven’t read it yet. Thank you, Chris.

Started reading it along with the ongoing working through the canon. I notice that there is a “cowl” of plastic at the beginning. In the books that is usually a “caul”, very different indeed. I’m enjoying the stories even more this time through but can also pause to take note of esoteric terminology and oddities.My copies are developing circles and arrows but I’m hoping for only short paragraphs on the back.