Call This An Interview?

Recently I was interviewed by a wheezing old man who asked the kind of questions I usually only get asked in old folks’ homes, like ‘Where’s the toilet?’ and ‘Are you my son?’ But foolishly I agreed to do it, and the result is here, apparently. Once again, it seems that readers’ blogs are infinitely more enjoyable than printed magazines.

12 comments on “Call This An Interview?”

1. Dan Terrell says:

More, please.

2. andrea yang says:

who knew you were such a tv snob… that’s ok we don’t want you watching tv when you could be writing….

3. Brian says:

Just to go off on a tangent, this trend to omit the final full stop in an abbreviation really annoys me. I’m referring to the “R.I.P” in the blog. My local newspaper often refers to the U.S.A and treats other abbreviations similarly; soldiers in Afghanistan reported as being K.I.A causes me to rip up the newspaper over my breakfast marmalade. Clearly, people no longer understand that the full stops have a grammatical function and are not just separators.

With that off my chest I will now go back to read Admin’s interview. He’s a TV snob you say? That’s good to hear.

4. Dan Terrell says:

Brian – over here there is a wave of full-stop loss. USA, UK, KIA, etc. Not just the last, but the priors, too.

5. John Howard says:

Well Dan, here we are again. Brian has joined us in Rant City. What is it about Admin’s blogs that encourage that activity? Or is it just the type of chaps ( both male and female you understand, no -isms here ) that are encouraged to participate?

6. Allan Watson says:

I apologise profusely for the hugely annoying ommision of the full stop in question. However, allowances must be made with regard to spurious grammatical errors made by the dead .(damn, almost missed another one)

7. J. Folgard says:

Nice stuff! Loved the over-the-top yet spot-on description for ‘Hell Train’, I’m sure it will bring more curious readers (and Hammer fans) to the book itself. As a side note, did you get a more precise release date for ‘Plastic’?

8. Dylan Lancaster says:

Strange but interesting.

9. Steve says:

It’s about impatience; about people wanting everything to happen at once, as in “immediately”. It takes a nanosecond longer to write L.O.L. than to write LOL. Everyone’s in a huge hurry to get to the grave. LOL!

10. Allan Watson says:

If the missing full stop is causing so much distress, here are some unused ones (probably past their sell-by date, mind you) I found while sweeping out the pantry………………. Feel free to scatter them where you will. If I find any colons I’ll hand them directly to the police for medical analysis.

11. Patrick wright says:

Do not drop April, she will save us all.

There is a loss of stops from titles, too. Mrs Mr Dr all appear sans stop. USA is how it appears on the ‘made in’ announcement on articles and UK is certainly becoming common. I blame the airlines.