LDN to BCN

London

I’ll be here for a long weekend trying to arrange Broadband for my flat in a language I can’t yet speak, so it’s hard to say if I’ll post on Saturday or Sunday – but early next week there should be some news on several new books, guest appearances and events.

8 comments on “LDN to BCN”

1. Laurel says:

Email me if you would like help translating things (Spanish-English).

2. FabienneT says:

I have applied for an intensive creative writing course with Metal Southend and was absolutely delighted to see that your name had been added to the guest speakers (didn’t know when I applied!). I am still waiting to hear whether I have been successful or not, but it would be absolutely lovely to see you there. It should be a great event.

3. John Howard says:

Cafe con leche, cerveza, por favor and gracias help a lot. Not necessarily getting broadband installed but at least you wont dry up..

Good luck, Chris. “…a language I can’t yet speak.” Can we expect passages of Spanish in our Bryant & May soon? Should we sign up for lessons? Nothing one learns is ever wasted.

5. snowy says:

If getting broadband is going to be a chore, can I suggest checking if a 3G dongle from a local telco might be a better deal if you are only there 25% of the time.

Dongle is a real thing? In an ad for some sort of electronic system one of the actors says, “He did that without a dongle,” and I couldn’t figure out what they were referring to. Presumably one can also dongle, but somehow it sounds dirty.

7. Dan Terrell says:

A dongle is either a security key or an ethernet adapter. But it does sound dirty. “Shade little Lucy’s eyes immediately, dear one.’ A place in Ireland? A no-no term as in “Watch your dongle there, mate. Them gears on the bay can be murder.”

At a calligraphers’ meeting last night. Two members setting up the laptop, viewer, etc. for program, “Well, I think we need a dongle here.” Hear a new word once and have the world reinforce it intensely for two weeks!