The Real Bryant & May?

Bryant and May, London

Bryant & May artist Keith Page spotted this pair of senior gentlemen enjoying a beer outside The porcupine in Charing Cross Rd on Saturday, and now fears they may have come to life. We’re on the lookout for Janice Longbright next.

The new Bryant & May novel, ‘The Invisible Code’, has been pre-released exclusively through Waterstone’s and hits all other bookshops on August 2nd.

10 comments on “The Real Bryant & May?”

1. Lynsey Dalladay says:

That’s brilliant!

2. Dan Terrell says:

Pre-released by Waterstone? As an American, I can only say for us over here: “Now, that’s going too far!”

3. John Howard says:

Hi admin, I visited my local Waterstones in Watford this afternoon in great anticipation ( well not really as I thought it might be too good to be true ), only to be told that, “sorry, we haven’t got any and the book isn’t coming out for a while”. The gentleman serving did agree with me that the release date was the 2nd August and that he could order one for me. Was I a bit ahead of the staring gun, have Waterstones not made good on their side of the bargain or shall I pre-order from our friendly web based bookstore?

4. chris mccall says:

Same online with Waterstones….I’ve waited this long another ten days shouldn’t be a problem.

5. Vickie says:

Fabulously droll…good eye, Keith!

Sorry John – I just checked for you and discovered that only Waterstones Harrogate can do the advance copies, because of the crime writing festival. Sorry about that!

7. John Howard says:

No problem at all. Thanks for doing that. My order is on its way. Lesson leaned, get out and go to more book festivals…… ( I’m sure I can persuade my wife )

8. Cid says:

You’ll have to do a blog post on the merits of hardback books if you haven’t already – I presume they’re good for publishers and/or authors, if not so good for commuters. As usual I’ll be waiting the extra few months for my paperback copy of the new B&M.

I should stress I do understand it’s not the point of book publishing to make me, specifically, happy.

9. Gareth says:

Mr Fowler,

Will you be doing a signing session with Goldsboro books for Invisible Code?

Ta

GW

10. Deena Caunt says:

That’s perfect . Any idea when the audiobook is coming out ? I love the guy who reads the stories aloud he is so perfect – especially his Bryant voice , that’s priceless .