Site Redesign On The Way…

Observatory

Over here at Fowler Towers, designer Simon Moore and I are putting our heads together to take the site over to an HTML5 build that looks clean and is easy to navigate. I’m not convinced we’ll need Twitter and Facebook feeds but we may add them. And that pointless column to the right will go.

Meanwhile I’m off on a mission to Barcelona, back in a week in time to see the Olympic Torch carried down my street, which suddenly and miraculously got repaved! The moral is; if you want to get your potholes filled, simply invite the world’s press around and watch the council shift their backsides!

Let’s have some music. Pogo has been up to his old tricks with his own peculiar dubsteppy mixes, this time messing with the sweary dialogue of ‘Pulp Fiction’ (appropriately for this site). Not sure where the soldiers are from, though.

9 comments on “Site Redesign On The Way…”

1. Mal Dando says:

The soldiers are from the film Oliver. The end of ‘who will by my sweet red roses’ at the start of act 2. By the way I would miss your interactive site and Facebook is a part of a new phenomenon of computer puberty

2. wayne says:

Funny that thing about streets being cleaned and sorted when on the flame route, our small Seaside town was on its route and the whole road was resurfaced and the Roundabout was freshly planted with new summer bedding. The rest of the town is going down the tubes, even being rejected by ‘Mary Porter’ and not seen a worthy of a cash injection but if the flame passes by you have to be seen to look good.

Look forward to the redesign of the Blog…. I miss the complete Bibliography way back to prehistory hope you include that again.

3. Mike Cane says:

I really hope the white type on black background goes away in the redesign.

That “pointless column on the right” is where I decide on my starting point. Do I go all the way back to “What Happened to Edge”? or just start in with the first one I haven’t read yet? Well, did I ask a question earlier that someone might have answered? Better go back to there at least. Not a pointless column at all.
    Have a good time in Barcelona and enjoy the flame. It’s fun to watch it go by.

5. glasgow1975 says:

now if only there was a big blue facebook sharing button . . .
    ;)

6. snowy says:

Perhaps a compromise might be to position the category and archive links under the recent post list. Some thing to be wary of (if I may) is to avoid assuming everyone views on a 16:9 screen.
    Some redesigns have and its a weary reading experience scrolling side to side for each line.

7. snowy says:

Sorry just re-read first line of original blog post, and hadn’t spotted Simon first time. I withdraw my remarks.

8. Gretta says:

I actually use that pointless column on the right quite a lot. Seldom touch the one on the left, however.

My only request is please don’t have lots of glary white space.

9. Dan Terrell says:

Voting to keep the right-hand column. Agree with Helen and Gretta. Otherwise go for it.