Ten Reasons Why I Like A Proper Haircut
Here’s why I want my hair cut here…
1. Mr Aaron Biber has been cutting hair in his Tottenham salon for 78 years, and still uses the scissors his father gave him when he was twelve.
2. I have Bloke Hair. So long as I get my neck shaved and I don’t end up looking like Simon Cowell I’m not that fussed about a style.
3. ‘Pimps & Pinups’ is probably the worst name for a shop I’ve encountered since the Greek shoe shop ‘Achille’s Heels’ opened near me in the Caledonian Road.
4. Mr Biber lost everything when rioting looters mindlessly smashed up his shop and stole the lot. An internet campaign restored it.
5. I do not wish to pay more than a pony for a haircut performed in the dark to Lady Gaga.
6. Mr Biber remembers the Battle of Cable Street and met Winston Churchill. He will probably not ask you which former X Factor contestant will go on to have a successful singing career.
7. I want to feel the touch of the badger and an edge of cold steel, not warm leather trousers pressing into my back.
8. One asks if you want Something For The Weekend. The other asks if you want Stiff Man Matt Hair Gel-Finish Fibre-Putty No.2 on that.
9. If Mr Biber gives you an asymmetrical haircut it will probably be by accident.
10. A barber’s should not look like an Olivia Newton-John video set from the 1980s.
My thanks to Spittalfields Life and Londonist for spotting Mr Biber in the first place.