Nominations and Appearances

London, Reading & Writing

I’m thrilled that ‘The Memory of Blood’ has made the 2012 Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Novel Of The Year Longlist – it’s a very strong list and I’m amazed to say that I’ve read nearly every book on it. My money’s on ‘The End of the Wasp Season’ a superb mystery by Denise Mina.

‘The Memory of Blood’ has also been nominated for the Last Laugh Award at the Bristol Crime Festival, and ‘Red Gloves’ has been nominated for a Bram Stoker Award.

Next week I’ll be at London Reads with Tom Jones and Craig Taylor, presented by Londonist.com in Deptford on Tuesday May 22nd, here, and on Wednesday 23rd at Islington Central Library for a Feast of Words with Laura Wilson and Len Tyler here. All welcome, but book in advance if you can.

7 comments on “Nominations and Appearances”

1. Simon says:

Very well deserved in my humble opinion.

2. J. Folgard says:

Once again, congratulations! You’re in good company, I discovered Denise Mina through her work on DC’s ‘Hellblazer’ and others, and this was the first novel I checked out. Nice!

3. Julian says:

I think that you should always merit an honourable nomination on a book-list which is being awarded by Theakstons as all your novels involving Bryant&May have a great deal of pub/beer mentions!!.Maybe you could get a brewery to sponser you?!.

4. Ray says:

Just wanted to echo the congratulations of the previous comments and also to say thank you for signing my beloved old copy of Soho Black at the London Reads evening in Deptford last night. (“The book that no-one loved” as you put it!)

As a fan of your work for longer than I can remember it was great to have that chance to speak to you. Looking forward to the upcoming Bryant and May graphic novel which sounds excellent.

One other thing – during the talk you mentioned about some of the wonderful hidden parts of some of London’s pubs. I’d be grateful if you could give me some details of these – seems like a perfect excuse for a pub crawl / research to me, particularly now the weather’s decided to be good again!

Hi Ray –

There’s a full list of the pubs thoughtfully provided at the back of ‘The Victoria Vanishes’ for that very purpose!

6. Ray says:

Thanks! Whoops – showing my ignorance there sorry.

7. Shuku says:

Oh -sweet- and very well-deserved congratulations! I only wish I wasn’t so far on the wrong continent or I’d definitely have wanted to be at either of those venues.

Posted In