Title

Calling For Blood

Christopher Fowler
'Bryant & May and the Memory of Blood' has been nominated for the Goldsboro Books Last Laugh Award at Crimefest Bristol. The full list of nominees is: - Declan Burke for Absolute Zero Cool (Liberties Press) - Colin Cotterill for Killed at the Whim of a Hat (Quercus) - Chris Ewan for The Good Thief's Guide to Venice (Simon & Schuster) - Christopher Fowler for Bryant & May and the Memory of Blood (Doubleday) - Carl Hiaasen for Star Island (Sphere) - Doug Johnstone for Smokeheads (Faber and Faber) - Elmore Leonard for Djibouti (Weidenfeld & Nicolson) - L.C. Tyler for Herring on the Nile (Macmillan)
Posted in
Reading & Writing
Tags:
awards

Comments

Gretta (not verified) Fri, 27/04/2012 - 07:01

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Well done admin, and to two of my other favourite authors, LC Tyler and Colin Cotterill.

Much as I love that you've posted this, how close to the truth would I be to say you were getting in before Stalky could leak the news? ;)

Stephen Groves (not verified) Fri, 27/04/2012 - 07:38

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Hi Chris ,

Great news, you really are having a publicity spike.Good for you!hope all goes well

All best

STALKY

J. Folgard (not verified) Fri, 27/04/2012 - 09:30

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Looks like fine company, I'll have to check out some of the other nominees -thanks for the shortlist, and congratulations!

Peter (not verified) Fri, 27/04/2012 - 10:25

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Hi Chris,

congratulations on the nomination!

Dan Terrell (not verified) Fri, 27/04/2012 - 11:25

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

That's three awards we know of this year. Good going.
Djibouti - good not great
Star Island - fair, but the earlier stuff is better
Killed At the Whim of a Hat - very good, but heavily weighted with series character establishment and local setting
Memory of Blood - the best yet, seamless.
Haven't read the others, but I'd say Arthur had better have Alma wash out his scarf and work on his shoes. He may go victory dancing.

Helen Martin (not verified) Fri, 27/04/2012 - 19:34

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Congrats, Admin! I have really enjoyed reading M of B and so glad the awards people see how good it is, too. I only enjoyed the first two Hiaasens I read. After that the formula was repeated and repeated. Otherwise you're in good company and it looks like being a good year. Not but what you've been working like a one armed paper hanger and really deserve the recognition.

karin (not verified) Sat, 28/04/2012 - 16:14

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

Love that picture!
My, you do keep good company, don't you? Congratulations!

Shuku (not verified) Wed, 09/05/2012 - 18:06

In reply to by anonymous_stub (not verified)

1) That cover painting is fantabulous, and one I would hang on my wall (even if it creeps out everyone else).

2) Many, many congratulations on the nominations, and may Bryant and May go dancing down the street in a somewhat chaotic parody of a gig. Fingers, eyes and toes crossed, and may the limb that thou breakest be the property of someone else crowned with stupidity, that thou mightst also dance the victory gig.