It Really Is Time

Film, Media

This Australian ad has been seen by millions, but it’s worth running again. Daily Mail readers, look away now.

9 comments on “It Really Is Time”

1. Alison says:

Oh good grief. Do you mean that gay people do the washing up like they’re normal or something??

Honestly, that’s one of the loveliest things I’ve ever seen, and it just speaks volumes for what live should be like. Thanks for making me smile (and hope)before 9am on a cold Wednesday.

2. Diogenes says:

Sadly, gay marriage is almost certain to be voted down. Our PM, who is from the Left faction of the Labor Party, and who is unmarried, atheist, has no children and lives with a de facto thinks that marriage is a traditional thing between a man and a woman.

She is happy to have benefited from people working tirelessly against discrimination but is now pulling up the ladder behind her.

3. Cid says:

That is excellent.

Let’s just hope there’s not a sequel where they row all the time and never have sex. Marriage is great.

4. Vickie Farrar says:

No mystery to me why it’s been watched millions of times. This was my first viewing and at the end, I went, “Oh!” and then watched it again with a whole new viewpoint. Nicely done.

5. Susan says:

A beautiful and well-presented message. I find it unthinkable that some people believe they have the right to decide what constitutes a family. Here, in America, the separation of church and state is a quaint, on-going myth. We are surely paying the price for perpetuating a system of politics based primarily on Puritan ideals and fundamentalist Christian ethics. *Shudder*

It appears most politicians on both sides of the pond seem willing to pay for re-election with not only their soul but with their constituent’s human rights as well. And yet those same constituents continue to vote the those politicians into office and keep them there, so I wonder whether the blame is not shared all the way around. It’s a huge amount of momentum to shift, no matter where one lives.

I sincerely wish the English luck and hope your proposal to lift the ban on gay marriage is successful.

That was a wonderful bit of film. The novelty has worn off here but a friend had a tourist tell him that it was wonderful to be in a place where arm in arm is not even noticed. Marriage is both legal and accepted – even by some mainline churches. For a view of what it felt like in San Francisco for a while read the last chapter of Laurie King’s “The Art of Detection” and I dare you to do it without smiling.

7. Melanie says:

That’s brilliant!

8. Gretta says:

Is it wrong to admit I had a wee sook at the end?

lol @ Cid. It’s like that sign at the pro-Gay marriage protests(admin posted them a while back), ‘Hey hetrosexuals, we want to be miserable, too.’ 🙂

9. Lisa Perry says:

I can’t believe I haven’t seen this yet. It’s fantastic! Thank you, Christopher, for sharing it.

Posted In