Still Waiting…

Bryant and May

Well, the Bryant & May comic is finished, but we’re still waiting to hear back from comic publishers, who have gone into slow-motion summer mode. We’re in no rush, admittedly, but it would be nice to have the comic coincide with a book. The TV series pilot is written. Let’s see, what else did I forget to do? Ah, put the kettle on…

11 comments on “Still Waiting…”

1. Alison says:

The TV series pilot is written.

I may have just drooled. Apologies.

2. Peter A says:

“TV series pilot” oooohhh! Now if only Mike Ripley would do the same with Angel I could die happy.

3. Steve Beat says:

The artwork puts me in mind of teh designs for ‘Mighty Mouse’ – I don’t exactly know why! :) —- But very excited!

4. Vickie Farrar says:

I wonder if the TV series going to be shown only in the U.K. or if we Yanks be permitted timely viewing as well?

Peter A: Faux pas! Don’t you realize that mentioning Mike Ripley is like chatting about Rubbermaid at a Tupperware Party??

(oh, but p.s. I’m with you on the sentiment….)

The pilot is written. Right! Now, how many appointments do we have with networks or whomever one talks to about production? Is now the time to write to network programming people to look for it?

6. J. Folgard says:

Lovely cover -playful and doing justice to the characters. Once again, I can’t wait for the comic book to happen!

7. Alan Morgan says:

Good on you both. Keith’s just perfect for this, he really is.

8. helen durant says:

that is really good news for you! about time, and great for us too. I listen to Radio 4 a lot, and they have done some very good serialisations ,at the end of Woman s hour, repeated at 7.45 p.m. e g. Les Miserables, The Lovely Bones, detectives, etc.would you be considering doing that too?

Would it be good or bad to suggest a greater separation between Arthur’s can and the title? It looks to me as if Arthur is waving a flag.

Would it be good or bad to suggest a greater separation between Arthur’s cane and the title? It looks to me as if Arthur is waving a flag. (we’re not supporting our compression again, apparently.)

11. beefheart1 says:

I’m just hoping it’s going to be a BBC production and not ITV!? (John May looks exactly as I’ve always pictured him but I always imagined Arthur Bryant to be a skinny old guy! – Mind you, he is buried inside his regulation overcoat; who knows what lurks below!)