Ten Good Things About Cornwall
1. The stunning, unspoilt beaches.
2. The clotted cream ice-cream cone.
3. Finally, genuinely brilliant restaurants.
4. The clarity of light.
5. No sirens.
6. Surprises around each corner – The Tin Mine Experience! (strapline: ‘More Than Just A Cornish Tin Mine!’) Bee World! The Bonsai Nursery & Japanese Garden!
7. Pubs still filled with taciturn locals and elderly couple from Rochdale on holiday.
8. Lichen-covered country churches that you could put on the covers of ghost story books.
9. Winding lanes.
And Three Negatives:
1. Bloody awkward to get to from London.
2. More expensive than you think.
3. I’m back.