Detective Pop-Ups

Bryant and May

A number of readers have suggested I should do stories on the earlier Bryant & May. Well, here’s a clue about the first. This colour photograph of London was taken in the great smog of 1952, and it’s where a Bryant & May short story is set.

My two new volumes of short stories are being produced in a slipcased special limited double-edition by PS Publishing, and will each contain a Bryant & May short story at the end.

The books will all be signed, and will probably be quite expensive, but they’ll be highly collectable – I’ll make sure of that! (you’ll see why soon).

One day I may do a compendium of Bryant & May short stories. For more information on what’s happening next to Bryant & May, pop over to my sister site here.

7 comments on “Detective Pop-Ups”

1. stonemuse says:

Looking forward to the special edition

2. mel says:

Me too.

Is that fog photo during the day?

3. Wayne says:

Er i hope to get a copy too… But PS still have nothing on their website about your Red Gloves collection.

4. Megan Morrissey says:

and make it available to those of us on the other side of the world!

5. Von says:

I’m a 65 year old woman that loves the Bryant & May series. I’ve not thought of this series as being particularly comical, but Chapter 25 of BRYANT AND MAY OFF THE RAILS was absolutely hysterical. I could just visualize the two Daves. “….one of the two Daves took the curl out of his hair by slicing through a power cable ….” and “…the other Dave, now differentiated from his colleague by the lack of singeing in his extremities…” I laughed so hard at those two lines in the book. I’m still chuckling.

Mr. Fowler is absolutely brilliant. A reader must think as they read his work — no fluff here. His books are a challenge, but that is what makes them so enjoyable. Keep writing, Sir, America loves you.

Well that’s very kind of you to say so, and it makes my day to get such a lovely email. I get my black dog days when I think nobody notices anything, so it’s lovely to know that readers do laugh. Thank you!

7. Hankthehat says:

The pic looks positively sunny compared to where we we were living in Streatham on the worst days (apparently 12/13th December). I was coming up to four, and as Dad was a bit late coming home from work, Mum decided we both ought to go and look for him – she was that kind of girl. After about 30 seconds I realised what grown ups meant when they said ‘I couldn’t see me hand in front of me face’. Because I tried it. And couldn’t. It was great.

As to the TV series, how about a Fox and Jacobi as our two heroes? Good luck with the number crunchers who seem to control living room drama, and be so good as to keep the books coming – they continue to be terrific.