Page Turners

Bryant and May, London

Keith Page, the highly talented comics artist with whom I am privileged to be working, has finished over half of ‘The Casebook Of Bryant & May: The Soho Demon’ now, and has just drawn white witch Maggie Armitage’s house in Avenell Road, Highbury.

Keith has architectural training, and it shows in his buildings of London. Everything in the book – including the exact location of the Peculiar Crimes Unit – is how it appears in real life. You can see a slightly different style of his in the steampunk hardback ‘Iron Moon’. It’s not sold by Amazon yet but there’s a link to the seller.

9 comments on “Page Turners”

1. Russ says:

Perfect! I can’t wait to get my hands on the full comic. So many times when a novel you have read is adapted for TV/film/comic it jars slightly, close enough to the pictures in your head but not quite there. Everything of Keith’s you’ve shown us is just right. Brilliant job all round.

2. Vickie Farrar says:

His artwork is delightful. I, too, am eagerly awaiting the final product!

3. Peter says:

Congratulations on the artwork! I am really looking forward to read the full comic!

4. J. Folgard says:

I’ve preordered ‘Iron Moon’ several weeks ago. I’m eagerly waiting to see the result of your collaboration!

5. Alan Morgan says:

I love the water colour work. That sense of shadow between streets that I’d forgotten about in cities, so seeing it places it so well.

6. Steve says:

It surprises me that I too am looking forward to the comic. Not my usual cup of hemlock. Here’s hoping it will appear in the States.

7. Kev says:

Can’t wait to see this. Any idea when it is likely to become available?

Not sure yet but hopefully it’ll be out either at the end of the year or in the spring.

Which spring? Next year? Godfrey Daniels Blasting Furnace Makers!! Four full seasons away?! No wonder authors can hardly remember details of books they’re currently promoting.