Murder, Mystery and Madness For Next Year

Bryant and May, Reading & Writing

Next year I’ll have been in the writing business for 25 years. I know, thank you, I’ve worn well. To commemorate this dubious distinction, there will be a collection of strangeness from me featuring 25 new stories. At the moment the collection is entitled ‘The Horrors’ but if anyone can think of a dark/funny title I’ll be happy to go with another suggestion.

Also, there’ll be a new Bryant & May novel entitled ‘The Memory Of Blood’, which keeps the pace and tone of ‘Off The Rails’, which will be out in paperback. There will also be the supernatural thriller ‘Hell Train’, a period-set romp that unfolds like the movie Hammer never quite got around to making.

These projects are separate from two others – one so secret I am contract-tied not to mention it, the other a big dark thriller called ‘Dream World’ – and this will be the first time I go by a pseudonym. And I want to fit in my Bryant & May graphic novel with artist Keith Page, if we can find a buyer for it. All in all, a bit of a bumper year for readers who like this sort of thing, and a bit of a year-with-very-early-morning-starts for me.

The picture shows the graphic novel I did with artist John Bolton – a pleasurable experience for us, a bit over the heads of our target audience I fear…although having said that, copies seem to change hands for fairly high prices, doubtless due to John’s wonderful artwork.

9 comments on “Murder, Mystery and Madness For Next Year”

1. Reuben says:

I really hope the B&M graphic novel finds a home as I think this would make a great comic strip.

2. Jez says:

Foul air (suggestion)

3. Sheryl Massaro says:

I wrote a poem called “The Littles,” about the mental irritants that can gang up on you until they DRIVE YOU CRAZY!!! Very creepy. You’re welcome to use the title. Thank you very much for more B&M.

4. J. Folgard says:

Thanks for this nice update, I hope you’ll keep us posted all year long as those various projects roll along. I was lucky enough to get a copy of ‘Menz Insana’ as it came out -John Bolton’s artwork was great as usual (I buy nearly every comic-book work he does) but the story & the characters were wonderful too, they had that unique vibe that got me into your work and made me check out your novels.

Sounds like a banner year for us all. Perhaps Simon Taylor will be fortunate enough to put his graphic novel project together and you could be his first item. Nice!

6. Ramya says:

I just finished Off the Rails- it is brilliant! I am so glad there will be another B&M coming out next year- love the series. Can’t wait for the graphic novel, as well!

7. Stephen Groves says:

Hi Chris

For what it’s worth, how about:

EVISCERATED SOULS ( OH ,ER VERY DARK ) OR

SHORT CUTS TO DEAD ENDS (A BIT LIGHTER)

Regards

Stalky

If it fits the contents, Stalky’s second suggestion is marvelous!

9. Kristen Reed says:

I, too, like Short Cuts to Dead Ends . I guess this means you won’t continue w/using Demons in your collection titles? Also, I’m not a huge fan of graphic novels (I have maybe 10 series), but I’d definitely buy a B&M graphic novel. Keep the good stuff coming, Mr. F, in whatever form it may take!