Brighton Birthday

Reading & Writing

Brighton
Realising that my birthday coincides with the World Horror Convention, I had arranged to throw a party there until the hotel tried to stiff me for the bill. But I’ll still be buying drinks and be signing copies of ‘Paperboy’ and my teen horror novel ‘Hellion: The Curse Of Snakes’.

11 comments on “Brighton Birthday”

1. I.A.M. says:

What better way to celebrate all things horrific than with celebrating the anniversary of the birth of Christopher Fowler?

Oh… that didn’t come out right, did it…?

[runs away to begin reading On the Loose which arrived this am]

2. Steve says:

We might make it over there in March….if we do we’ll probably stay at the Grand again. Nice place.

I’ve actually never attended a convention, it could be a kick!

3. I.A.M. says:

Attendance of World HorrorCon is limited to a number which escapes one’s memory. One must register and pay the fee (which includes full schedule of events, but not hotel room, although that’s available at a discount due to block booking). Head to http://www.whc2010.org/ for the whys and wherefores.

4. Steve says:

Thanks for the info.
    Unfortunately it seems the only way to pay from the US is thru Paypal, and we’ve refused to use Paypal for many years now. We had a nightmare scenario with them in which they froze our account for no good reason and haven’t used them since.

Rats!

5. Lisa says:

Nice one, I.A.M.!

I just finished On the Loose and it was a hoot!

6. I.A.M. says:

PayPal is now owned and operated by eBay, and no longer even over-seen by the originators of the firm. Some might see this as in improvement, others not.

In a continuing campaign to ram information uselessly at you, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal

7. I.A.M. says:

Come to think of it, come down to Brighton anyway: it’ll give people like our kind host an opportunity to skip out of the “18 Exciting Ways to Introduce a Headless Corpse to Your Story” session.

8. Steve says:

*Ducks as useless information with which he is already familiar thereby making it not only useless but redundant whizzes by*

We may do, we may do. Haven’t actually made our plans yet.
    It might be fun.

9. Steve says:

I am aware that I twisted the intent of the word “uselessly”.

Civilized, aren’t we?

10. I.A.M. says:

Entirely civilized. The only point of the link’s inclusion was to show how bright and shiny my knowledge is, and myself in association.

…it is working, isn’t it?

11. Steve says:

Oh yes. I’m very impressed!

*yawn*