London Trivia 2.4

London

I’ve always been fascinated by the passageways of underground London. Here are a couple of shots of a place beneath the streets in a very busy area of London. Any clues as to where it is?
1-001jpg

8 comments on “London Trivia 2.4”

1. BangBang!! says:

To be fair the pics have a label with Camden in the title. I’m going to guess its somewhere near The Stables – don’t know for sure though. It just looks a bit similar.

2. Giles Williams says:

It doesn’t help that the pictures have a certain place-name in their titles then?

3. RobertR says:

Think it might be Camden and something to do with the horses they used to stable there?

4. RobertR says:

OK – found it the stables for the horses/ponies used to shunt the railway wagons stretching from under the Euston mainline, under the goods depot at Primrose Hill, beneath Gilbeys Bonded Warehouse on the Regents Canal (now part of Stables Market) and under Camden Lock Market.

I went to a rave/party there once – knew it looked familiar!

Yeah, okay, I meant to strip out the titles, but if you look at Robert’s answer I think he fulfilled the brief a bit more fully, don’t you?

Ah, the effect of intercontinental posting. Those of us on the west coast of North America come in half a day, I suspect, late. Whine, whine. Of course, if no one “over there” gets it then we look *really* good. RobertR’s answer was certainly complete and makes it sound like a place to look up.

7. RobertR says:

Thanks Admin & Helen – have to admit it was the fact the place looked familiar that led me to it (amazing what you can recall after a night out!)And as to the extent admit I had to use London Underground to check the full extent of the tunnel work.

Think the interesting thing is the fact it is still under such a large area of Camden – one good earthquake and it’s all a goner!

8. I.A.M. says:

Can one still meander about in these chambers, or do you have to locate an invite to an e-filled rave?